Carmate "M" Grill and Eye lids

Adamsy

Hey guy's firstly I apologise if this is old news and everybody has seen them before, but I had some spare time so I thought I’d have a look around the new look site see what was new and interesting & any way ended up on the TRD questions page about its body kit etc and i clicked on the Carmate site and noticed they now have their own set of eyelids ( that for some reason remind me of batman lol)and Sports grill so was just wondering if anybody had fitted these "M" Style parts to their Sportivo? :)

http://www.carmate.com.au/display_products.php?id=539

"M Style"... :lol:

You may be the first one here to point those out. Will be interesting to hear if anyone has actually fitted them.

One thing I don't like about their mesh grill though is that it retains a Toyota logo in the centre. Personally, I liked the R Style mesh grill because it removed the Toyota logo which made the car seem more mysterious.

I also reckon those eyelids would look completely wrong in anything but the right angle. The angle the photo is taken, you can see how the curves follow the light. I'd imagine from any other angle, the curves would mismatch and look a bit strange.

yeah not too sure about those eye lids either lol, maybe one of those things that you would have to see in the flesh before making final judgment on ? the grill though, i was just trying to work out wether you'd leave it black like in the picture or colour code it to match your car or colour code the just the main parts of i? May need some photo shopping :P

Good point that DJKOR mentioned there. It certainly would look weird at certain angle.

I've only found 2 eye-lids that look good on an Aurion. One is the famous one throughout the entire forum, the one from R-style.

And the other one is this,

1011692pa7.jpg

I came across those eyelids on Carmate the other week. Can't say they do much for me, personally. Batman kinda came to mind when I first saw them too, lol, so its not just you. Also, I just can't get into these aftermarket grills, except perhaps the original mesh sports one everybodys got, but with a bit of my own custom fabrication as I've mentioned here before.

I came across those eyelids on Carmate the other week. Can't say they do much for me, personally. Batman kinda came to mind when I first saw them too, lol, so its not just you. Also, I just can't get into these aftermarket grills, except perhaps the original mesh sports one everybodys got, but with a bit of my own custom fabrication as I've mentioned here before.

yeah i two have reservations about the aftermarket grills, like you said if you could get the Emblem to sit out a bit on the Thai grill not dissimilar to this "M" grill it's be a good thing!