LED eyelids

juvenile

so this is where audi got the idea from!!!

:lol: Yeah and then Holden ruined it..Looking at the Holden ones they might as well have headlights as an option

:lol: Yeah and then Holden ruined it..Looking at the Holden ones they might as well have headlights as an option

G'day John,your not wrong about the Holdens,they look so cheap and crappy,i also see a white Aurion ATX with DRL's on Springvale rd a fair bit and to be honest it also looks cheap & nasty,i cringe when i see it,even the new Merc's looks like it's trying to hard,the only ones to pull it off IMO is Audi.

... the only ones to pull it off IMO is Audi.

And luckily they still do. I really hope all the other manufacturers give up sometime soon because it won't take much longer before everyone else ruins it.

G'day John,your not wrong about the Holdens,they look so cheap and crappy,i also see a white Aurion ATX with DRL's on Springvale rd a fair bit and to be honest it also looks cheap & nasty,i cringe when i see it,even the new Merc's looks like it's trying to hard,the only ones to pull it off IMO is Audi.

Hi ya LEE, come up here for cheap and nasty.. There's plenty of em :lol: I always spot one those Mazda C7 things with them on all the time, DIY job and absolutely blinding to match his blinding HID's..From a distance it looks like a smiley mouth.. Ready for landing. OH yeah thats right, white AND yellow :lol::lol:

Am I safe in assuming we're only condemning those god-awful Audi-esque DRL lights and not the BMW style ones (yes, I know its a Lancer :o, but its the best example on the site I was looking at)...

0202_big_mi1-1.jpg

0202_big_mi1-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Am I safe in assuming we're only condemning those god-awful Audi-esque DRL lights and not the BMW style ones (yes, I know its a Lancer :o, but its the best example on the site I was looking at)...

0202_big_mi1-1.jpg

0202_big_mi1-2.jpg

not to worry, you're safe. its the ones that ARENT in the headlight compartment that i dislike very much, i.e. stupid holden and merc ones. they didnt go2 alot of trouble did they? all they had to do was find a manufacturer supplier led compartments i.e. from PIAA, stick it at the bottom of the bumper and connect it.

ones in the headlight assembly are very sexy, and bmw was the first to start of with the whole day time driving rings (but using halogen lights as leds were too expensive back then). if anything, audi had inspiration from bmw but audi used style and perfection. the fact that the R8 and TT driving leds curve with the headlight assembly is just gobsmacking, and the fact that when the led dims as the signal is on, is sensational.

anyway, ones in headlight assembly are awesome.

pretty soon we'll have led headlights. if torches can run on mcree x crystal micro dots, imagine the headlights of the future.

Edited by Wixy