Aurion Eyelids

Steven

Hey guys, I saw Ingres's ride the other day and really liked the eyelids and decided I'd like a set for my own Aurion. However in keeping with my nature, I'll be custom making them myself out of PVC Plastic (so my own design too).

But I could use some pics of eyelids on Aurions (all various types), as well as how they look on the headlight with the bonnet open. Anyone able to help?

Hey guys, I saw Ingres's ride the other day and really liked the eyelids and decided I'd like a set for my own Aurion. However in keeping with my nature, I'll be custom making them myself out of PVC Plastic (so my own design too).

But I could use some pics of eyelids on Aurions (all various types), as well as how they look on the headlight with the bonnet open. Anyone able to help?

Sorry i cant help you out with any pics of eyelids on an aurion, but whenever you do this can you post up a DIY? Im going to do this to my camry over my winter break

Thanks guys, but I just found out the other day the design I was aiming for, is actually exactly the same as the ABS ones already obtained through RStyle racing, and cheap too - managed to pick up a set so there's no point continuing here...

However that being said, I'll now be attempting to make a custom grill that will be completely different to everything else out there. It will be a bit "American" in style, the goal is to make it aggressive whilst still neat, be similar to the grills on the Pontiac GTO's (the american version of our holden monaro). The sketch is VERY basic but gives an idea of what I'm aiming for - opinions? The black part will actually be a sort of mesh, something akin to a speaker grill.

post-13080-127141920318_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, but I just found out the other day the design I was aiming for, is actually exactly the same as the ABS ones already obtained through RStyle racing, and cheap too - managed to pick up a set so there's no point continuing here...

However that being said, I'll now be attempting to make a custom grill that will be completely different to everything else out there. It will be a bit "American" in style, the goal is to make it aggressive whilst still neat, be similar to the grills on the Pontiac GTO's (the american version of our holden monaro). The sketch is VERY basic but gives an idea of what I'm aiming for - opinions? The black part will actually be a sort of mesh, something akin to a speaker grill.

BMW comes to mind...and those Holden/GTO fronts look terrible IMO. :)

...and those Holden/GTO fronts look terrible IMO. :)

pontiac-gto-wallpapers-4.jpg

Putting aside the fact that that is just a 2 door Commodore, I have to say I do quite like that.

However, I have to agree when it comes to any other GTO I've seen, or worse still those pontiac versions of our VE sedan. Those Pontiac grilles kinda remind me of nostrils. Not regular nostrils, but whay you'd expect to see if somebody didn't actually have a nose, if you get what I mean.

The below pic is actually more what I was referring too - the main difference being is that the grill section sits flush with the front of the grill, so to sort of minimise any nostril effect.

However something that occurred to me overnight, is that my sketch is actually very similar to the old mitsubishi magna front grills!

post-13080-127145362517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steven

G'day Steve,please don't mod your Aurion to look anything like a smoke blowing Magna :P

or were you thinking along these lines...

2lwugp5.jpg

that 2nd pic looks similar to a MG-ZT

28inp5k.jpg

btw i like that bodykit on the GTO the sides look awesome,and the front looks ok,i would take the badges off and do it all black,no chrome/colored edging. :)

After a bit of a drive this morning, I saw the general idea of my grill plan is actually fairly common amongst many different model cars - enough so that my custom grill wouldn't be a direct copy of any particular other brand exactly.

I've been doing some more work on it this morning, and come to realise it would be much easier and neater to heavily modify a regular grill to accomplish what I want. Hence I'm putting a request out for anyone who has a spare grill lying around, of any type (as long as it'll fit a sportivo front bar), to donate to a good cause :) . Some restitution may be made, but I'm not looking to spend alot of money on something that may not work out. I'll be making a similar request in the For Sale section.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Finished the paintwork on my eyelids this morning, and installed them. They look good from a distance, but when you look from less than about 10m away, you can see that the fitment is a bit sh!t. Looking at some of the photos of people's eyelids, they look great. Did anybody else have trouble with fitment? Mine has a very visible gaps on the top corner where it doesn't line up with the panel around the light at all.

Finished the paintwork on my eyelids this morning, and installed them. They look good from a distance, but when you look from less than about 10m away, you can see that the fitment is a bit sh!t. Looking at some of the photos of people's eyelids, they look great. Did anybody else have trouble with fitment? Mine has a very visible gaps on the top corner where it doesn't line up with the panel around the light at all.

I've noticed this as well, and both mine and other people's seem to no follow the guard lines very well at all. I had resigned myself to accepting it, at least for the time being :P

I've noticed this as well, and both mine and other people's seem to no follow the guard lines very well at all. I had resigned myself to accepting it, at least for the time being :P

On second inspection, the passenger side one is almost bang on the money, just the drivers side one its pretty woeful.

On second inspection, the passenger side one is almost bang on the money, just the drivers side one its pretty woeful.

+1 on that - mine were exactly the same - passenger side fits like a glove and the drivers side gave me a bit of grief, they both look ok now but I need to sikaflex the ends down as the double sided tape wasn't strong enough to hold the skinny ends down.

+1 on that - mine were exactly the same - passenger side fits like a glove and the drivers side gave me a bit of grief, they both look ok now but I need to sikaflex the ends down as the double sided tape wasn't strong enough to hold the skinny ends down.

I had the same problem, so I used a heatgun to shape it to sit properly.

Despite that, I find it doesn't follow the guard properly - the shape itself is wrong.

Yeah I've got it pretty good now, after a bit of stuffing around. Thinking I might rip 'em back off and put some white tape underneath where the gaps are, coz you can see a bit of light shining through the top gaps at night. I'm having problems with getting the edge to stick down, just on the 1 side, because it has to twist slightly to sit flat and the tape can't handle the resistance as it tries to spring back into its original shape. Funnily enough, not half an hour ago I was thinking just rip them off and sikaflex the whole thing on!

Figured out why they wouldn't fit properly. On the narrow side (the bit that goes around the side of your light) there was a slight lip at the top and bottom, which was causing it to fit funny.

A warning to any future buyers, make sure you check for lips and test fit them under bright light before you spend the money, time and effort painting them, because if they have a lip like mine did you have to file it down. I learned the hard way that no matter how careful you are, the paint will chip, will flake, and now I have to sand them right back and completely respray the f**ken things. :angry:

Oh, and despite their boomerang-ish shape, they dont come back when hurled across your garage.

Paradigm

Figured out why they wouldn't fit properly. On the narrow side (the bit that goes around the side of your light) there was a slight lip at the top and bottom, which was causing it to fit funny.

A warning to any future buyers, make sure you check for lips and test fit them under bright light before you spend the money, time and effort painting them, because if they have a lip like mine did you have to file it down. I learned the hard way that no matter how careful you are, the paint will chip, will flake, and now I have to sand them right back and completely respray the f**ken things.

Oh, and despite their boomerang-ish shape, they dont come back when hurled across your garage.

lol i feeling the sikaflex is going to make an appearance very soon! - oh been pulled over yet?

Paradigm

A warning to any future buyers, make sure you check for lips and test fit them under bright light before you spend the money, time and effort painting them, because if they have a lip like mine did you have to file it down. I learned the hard way that no matter how careful you are, the paint will chip, will flake, and now I have to sand them right back and completely respray the f**ken things.

lol i feeling the sikaflex is going to make an appearance very soon! - oh been pulled over yet?

Haha, yeah, the intention was to sikaflex them on tonight, but we decided that the lip needed filing first. Bad move, that.

Haha, nah not been pulled over yet. Nobody's even flashed me! I'm surprised, coz those foggies do seem brighter.

Haha, yeah, the intention was to sikaflex them on tonight, but we decided that the lip needed filing first. Bad move, that.

Haha, nah not been pulled over yet. Nobody's even flashed me! I'm surprised, coz those foggies do seem brighter.

2007 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 | Diamond White | 35% Tint | Slimline Weathershields | Eyelids | 6000k HID Low Beams & Fogs | White LED Park Lights | Interior LED Replacements | Pioneer DEH-4150SD Head Unit w/ PAC SWI-PS | Pioneer TS-G1040R Fronts & TS-A1681S Rears | Pioneer GM-D7400M Class D Mono Amp | Pioneer TS-W306C 12" Sub | Custom Boot Floor | Carbon Fibre Style Interior

Mods Pending: Colour Coded Side Mirrors | Touchscreen in Dash | Carputer w/ Live Diagnostics, GPS, and modified TPMS | Custom Fiberglass Boot Layout | 2nd Matching Sub & Amp | 19" Lenso Euro 6 or Enkei GTC01 Rims | Coilovers

Aurion ICE Project

Stage 1 - Completion [====================] 100%

Stage 2 - Completion [==] 10%

Stage 3 - Completion [=] 5%

man i'm pretty sure if it wasnt for you and your old man Sikaflex would go outa business lol, oh yeah give it a file down and give it anothe crack let us know if you need a hand with it yeah?

yeah your not wrong they was pretty blinding when you lit her up in your garage its a wonder you havent ****** somebody off lol espcially with the L.E.D parkers too!

• 1 month later...

Hi

quick question, on the site

http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.aspx?ProductID=Product-090218161948876

1 eyelid aka 1 unit? = 690 thb

because from their email

eye lip is 690baht

sent ems to your country is 800baht

pay by paypal.com charge 4.2%

total 1553baht.............................$55 AUD which i sent via paypal, So after realising will i be receiving 1 eyelip and im gonna have to re-send money($55) to get the other lip??? LOLOL FML

pay me by paypal rtnracing@hotmail.com

we have it in stock

we can sent monday.

Best Regards,

Ying Ying

Thanks for any Help

Edited by whitezr6

They are always sold in pairs. Their English is just not the best at saying that. Otherwise you would think that:

1) It is a bit pointless selling them individually, and

2) They would have asked left or right side if they did sell it individually.

They are always sold in pairs. Their English is just not the best at saying that. Otherwise you would think that:

1) It is a bit pointless selling them individually, and

2) They would have asked left or right side if they did sell it individually.

thanks for the re-assurance

thats money saved lol

total 1553baht.............................$55 AUD which i sent via paypal, So after realising will i be receiving 1 eyelip and im gonna have to re-send money($55) to get the other lip??? LOLOL FML

LOLOL... So wanna see the look on ur face 'WTFF, 1 Eye Lid!" *then hand another $55*