My Clutch/Flywheel installation

I would recommend Dapto Clutch and Brakes located in Dapto for Clutch and Brake products if anyone living in Wollongong or South Coast is thinking of getting parts. They have been in business for many years and were very friendly and helpful in getting the stuff in (all done over the phone) and the products they provide are genuine quality. This is the 3rd time i bought clutches off them and they have all been good.

My Kit was $385/- some might say i got ripped but i am happy with the price and customer service i got. It comes with Exedy HD pressure plate, organic clutch plate and bearings (they provided me with 2 bearings in case they gave me the wrong size).

My TOM's flywheel will go in as well after sitting in my garage for months!

Oh and i also recommend Tickner's Automotive in Oak Flats for servicing needs. They are a family business and are very friendly people. They are only charging me $200-$250 for installation and are honest people to deal with. If they can't do something they will always recommend a place to get it done. :)

Z

post-135-1117855233_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I was wondering about the TRD Box???

You're not telling us the fill story here Zee :P

Yeh right :P C'mon, its the box for the TRD CAI and TOM's flywheel, that spot in the picture is where i keep all the boxes :D

This is how the flywheel looks like not unwrapped -

post-135-1117873182_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hey Zee, that flywheel should be mine :D

Yeh mate so sorry man, was going to sell it b4 but now that i got the clutch kit and good deal for installation i thought what the heck, might as well drop it in ;)

I might still end up selling the car if i get a good deal on a low km 200SX :P :unsure:

Z

Ok, got the car back on the road only today bcuz the mechanic that did my car under-estimated the time needed to do the job but he still only charged me $300. Took him about 6-8 hours all up.

I am very happy with the car atm although i haven't opened her up yet. The throttle response feels soooo much better and the clutch pedal feels firmer and it bites lower down the clutch travel, with clucth re-adjusted, and new gear/brake fluids put in. There is that noticeable mechanical sound from the TOM's flywheel when starting the car up, sounds cool :D

I will take pics of the stock clutch soon and mine looked ok to be honest :blink: even after trips to Wakefield and all my hard driving. The Toyota pressure plate does look a little different though and has a wierd looking cover. It has some heat marks on it but its still useable so i am keeping it. The stock clutch plate is organic and still looks good to me. The stock flywheel though, is so much heavier!!! Will also take a pic of that.

I will be taking the car for more spirited driving soon after i bed the clutch in a little more but i think the $380 for Exedy HD clutch kit plus the TOM's flywheel is probably the best money spent so far and seriously changed the feel of the car.

The clutch pickup is still very abrupt and direct maybe even more so than before but could be due to 30% more load from pressure plate.

stay tuned for more....

The clutch pickup is still very abrupt and direct maybe even more so than before but could be due to 30% more load from pressure plate.

stay tuned for more....

wait till u drive around a tiny carpark with the a/c on in the summer.

stay tuned for more....

wait till u drive around a tiny carpark with the a/c on in the summer.

Oh yeh, with A/C on the Stivo is B@tch to drive!!

NO MORE STICKY SHIFTS!!! NOT ONE TINY BIT!! Couldn't resist myself and revved the bugger to 8000rpm half a dozen times and not one bit of tightness, taughtness or stickiness with the gear shifter! I feel liberated and regret not doing it heaps earlier but i had to exhaust most revenues before i jump in!

One thing to note though is that the Stivo is now noisier than ever with slightly more mechanical noises. Don't know if Ilivfor6's Stivo had that much noise and not sure if Shao's TRD flywheel makes noises? I know Dave's Fidanza is quiet as. The TOM's flywheel seems to be rather noisy if you have the radio off it kind of emits soft rattly noises between 3000-4000rpm and only when the throttle is off. I am suspecting it could even be the gear shifter cable rattles again bcuz they occured at that revs too! Will have to investigate further.. and at startup its much noiser! I don't really mind the little bit more noise though, its mechanical sounds to my ear and only thrills me! :P

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

NO MORE STICKY SHIFTS!!!  NOT ONE TINY BIT!!  Couldn't resist myself and revved the bugger to 8000rpm half a dozen times and not one bit of tightness, taughtness or stickiness with the gear shifter!  I feel liberated and regret not doing it heaps earlier but i had to exhaust most revenues before i jump in!

One thing to note though is that the Stivo is now noisier than ever with slightly more mechanical noises.  Don't know if Ilivfor6's Stivo had that much noise and not sure if Shao's TRD flywheel makes noises?  I know Dave's Fidanza is quiet as.  The TOM's flywheel seems to be rather noisy if you have the radio off it kind of emits soft rattly noises between 3000-4000rpm and only when the throttle is off.  I am suspecting it could even be the gear shifter cable rattles again bcuz they occured at that revs too! Will have to investigate further..  and at startup its much noiser!  I don't really mind the little bit more noise though, its mechanical sounds to my ear and only thrills me! :P

Z

I know Bills car, with the TOM's flywheel, makes some aweful noises on startup

NO MORE STICKY SHIFTS!!!  NOT ONE TINY BIT!!  Couldn't resist myself and revved the bugger to 8000rpm half a dozen times and not one bit of tightness, taughtness or stickiness with the gear shifter!  I feel liberated and regret not doing it heaps earlier but i had to exhaust most revenues before i jump in!

One thing to note though is that the Stivo is now noisier than ever with slightly more mechanical noises.  Don't know if Ilivfor6's Stivo had that much noise and not sure if Shao's TRD flywheel makes noises?  I know Dave's Fidanza is quiet as.  The TOM's flywheel seems to be rather noisy if you have the radio off it kind of emits soft rattly noises between 3000-4000rpm and only when the throttle is off.  I am suspecting it could even be the gear shifter cable rattles again bcuz they occured at that revs too! Will have to investigate further..  and at startup its much noiser!  I don't really mind the little bit more noise though, its mechanical sounds to my ear and only thrills me! :P

Z

I know Bills car, with the TOM's flywheel, makes some aweful noises on startup

Forgot Bill had it fitted too, but that's not an "aweful" noise! it's music to the enthsiast and sets us apart :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I too have now got the same upgrade H/D exedy clutch and Tom's flywheel

Money well spent

I love how the gears click in when you downshift/revmatch

It's a very good feeling when you do it just right

GOod mod, I recommend it for anyone replacing their parts

• 1 month later...

so Zee the toms fly is 3.8kg right making it one of the lightest so far

have you had any troubles with it, people say its too light for everyday driving

also

with the exedy clutch

why exedy i never herd of this brand before

why not TRD clutch or toms clutch( if toms have a clutch)

what makes exedy better than those

cheers guys i posted this in a current topic but no response so thought i might bump and older one back to life