Rattle or squrking noise from the driver side widow

Chenjohn

Hi All,

my Aurion 08 Prodigy recently developed a rattel or squeking noise from the driver's window when I go through rough road or pot holes. When I press the window (putting some pressure outwards), the noise seems to be gone. Does anyone know what is the problem? It is the window sill not fit properly etc?

Hi All,

my Aurion 08 Prodigy recently developed a rattel or squeking noise from the driver's window when I go through rough road or pot holes. When I press the window (putting some pressure outwards), the noise seems to be gone. Does anyone know what is the problem? It is the window sill not fit properly etc?

Hi mate, I have the same problem. Check this out: http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27042

The situation explained by the OP seems more like the window rubbers may be a little on the dry side. Using some silicone lubricant or graphite powder on the window rubbers may help stop any squeaks you may be getting.

I remember when the weather was hitting the 40's in summer here in Melbourne. I had to park out in the sun and when driving along, the whole Aurion was squeaking and making funny noises. The plastics did not like it.

One really weird one was the front window on the drivers side(Top right) was squeaking like mad. But after that day when the weather cooled down I never ever got that noise again.

Well, it gets really hot here in Bahrain but not hot enough for everything to squeek. I mean i get some but just the usual.

What i notice more is how easy it is to move the mid rear view mirror. The plastic gets so flexible during the heat lol.

But you get what you pay for, i guess.

But i REALLY should start tinting my windows at least. Never got around to doing that.

If you take you aurion to toyota they can fix the squeak that is coming from the windsceen cause really its the dash and what toyota does is reinsulate the clips on the dash so it does not cause the squeaking noise and for your window if it is just the bailey rubber you can apply rubber care or graphite powder they both do the trick.

If you take you aurion to toyota they can fix the squeak that is coming from the windsceen cause really its the dash and what toyota does is reinsulate the clips on the dash so it does not cause the squeaking noise and for your window if it is just the bailey rubber you can apply rubber care or graphite powder they both do the trick.

Thanks guys for your advice. I have dropped my car in Toyota today and waiting for them to call me to pick up by the end of today. Let's hope this time they can fix the problem.