Aurion Touring SE Prices

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum so hi to all. We're looking to buy the Aurion Touring edition fairly soon. I had a question in regards to the prices since we're obviously trying to get the best price for the car. The car is currently advertised as 34,990 and after going to 3 dealers we managed to get it down to 33,250. We're not very good at bargaining so i wanted to hear from the seasoned hagglers on here, haha. We'd be happy with 32,000 including extras but what do you guys think is the lowest price you can go? And what price may we be looking at if we wanted leather seats and/or window tinting?

Further, since it's May already, should be wait it out until the end of the financial year or can we get a decent price now? How much of a discount can we expect if we wait? The current car is struggling and we're expecting it to break down sometime this year. Anyway, thanks in advance and i hope to be a frequent member here very soon!

If you want leather, i'd say go for the Prodigy. Since the touring is cheap, there will be higher demand on the vehicle and less room to move on the price. While everyone is buying the Touring, less people will be buying the Prodigy, the upper spec'd models always have a higher margin. I would wait another month if possible, and just offer the dealer about $37500 for a Prodigy. But if you after a $32000 Touring, be firm, don't let them set the price, you set the price, and then walk if they don't give it to you, or just tell them you'd rather purchase a Hyundai i45.

I haven't bought a vehicle recently, so i wouldn't know too much about current prices. But just wait, someone on the forum will give you a better answer on pricing.

Also watch out for what they try to sell you, after you've agreed to purchase the vehicle.

Only purchase the tinting at the dealer, if they offer it to you for under $250, otherwise go after market.

Good luck with the haggling, and purchasing.

Edited by u54mot

With the Touring models that they have on "sale" at the moment , are their compliance plates (state the date of manufacture) 2009 or 2010 ?

If they are 2009 , bargain hard as these cars are effectively almost 6 months old.

In Jan 2010 they were selling ATX models (with 2009 compliance plates) with extras like display audio system , parking camera , spolier and alloys for the same price as the touring.

Wow. I just bought mine at $34,390. That includes darkest legal tint, floor mats, boot liner and the cost transfer of my GPS unit from my Corolla. I think they can still go lower than that. I should have asked them include a new Toyota map v15 for my GPS unit. Damm I forgot! However this is Perth prices which cars are generally be more expensive than Eastern states.

u54mot, what's the model of your Aurion? Presara?

• 1 month later...

Just bought a new 2010 Aurion Touring today (28 June) for $32,500 "on the road" -- metallic paint but otherwise no extras. Phoned around a dozen dealers in the greater Melbourne area. Next best prices: $32,880 for white model with $420 extra for metallic paint; $32,988 for white model, with $390 extra metallic paint. Good luck to end-of-financial-year buyers.

I will be picking mine up today.

$37000 on road, with extended warranty and Paint protection / tint and free rust proofing. Ice Black. Cant wait to get the thing! On the other hand im Sad to see my little 02 Rolla go..

Either way, they are such an awesome ride quality... :D

I will be picking mine up today. Ice Black. Cant wait to get the thing!

Just picked mine up late this afternoon -- "Liquid Metal" colour -- looks great and drives beautifully. What a nice motor car. Very, very impressed.

Enjoy!

I went to the Dealer yesterday (1st July) saw 3 of the Touring model, two of them were feb 2010 and one was March 2010 Compliant, so i think it varies.

I asked for a "Drive Away" price (not best price)on the Touring, they said 39K. I thought he would have said 35K. oh well.

With the Extra options, I know, options like, Dark Tints and Extended Bumper to bumper warranty are good upgrades to have, what about options like paint protection and Microwave movement sensor alarm Upgrade? combined this two can cost approx $1100-$1500. is it worth it or better off doing it aftermarket?

I asked for a "Drive Away" price (not best price)on the Touring, they said 39K. I thought he would have said 35K. oh well.

You should call a few more dealers. $39K drive-away is ridiculous. I paid $32,500 drive-away! And that's for a brand new car, not an ex-demo. Just a few days ago there were plenty of dealers willing to discount the list price.

Edited by Jame

You should call a few more dealers. $39K drive-away is ridiculous. I paid $32,500! Just a few days ago there were plenty of deelers willing to discount the list price.

Jame here is correct. In Perth I have just seen the exact Touring SE car for just $34,500 drive away. You are paying far too much for that where $39k would net you either SX6 or prodigy (not sure which one matches the price as both are pretty close to each other as I know ATX is base model but forgot which one is 2nd and 3rd). I am not sure but I heard Touring SE combines bits of Prodigy (reverse camera with 6 cd audio and dual climate zone), Sportivo SX6 (grill and spoiler and I think side skirts plus start button??) and ATX (except the wheels, pretty much everything standard).