Starter & injectors

I've got a ZR6 sportivo with the keyless start /stop button and lately i've noticed that it seems to "cut out" when starting as if you were overturning the key when starting up. I'm no mechanic but could this be the starter or basically spark plugs, or could it be the colder weather.

Also, the reason I settled on buying an Aurion is after driving the ATX stock model I was very impressed, however I have noticed the engine on the sportivo is some what roudy when idling (ticking noise), Toyota have told me that its just the injectors which is normal, has anybody else experienced this?

Cheers!

I've got a ZR6 sportivo with the keyless start /stop button and lately i've noticed that it seems to "cut out" when starting as if you were overturning the key when starting up. I'm no mechanic but could this be the starter or basically spark plugs, or could it be the colder weather.

I'm not 100% sure on the definition of you scenario, but I have had cases with my TRD where I've pressed the start button and it had stopped the starter motor just the fraction of a second early right before the engine started. End result was just having to press the button again. Nothing I was worried about though since a system like that is prone to getting it wrong once in a while.

Also, the reason I settled on buying an Aurion is after driving the ATX stock model I was very impressed, however I have noticed the engine on the sportivo is some what roudy when idling (ticking noise), Toyota have told me that its just the injectors which is normal, has anybody else experienced this?

The ticking noise is common among all Aurion's. Some just sound louder than others. It's nothing to be worried about. It's mainly a combination of the injectors and valves.

If you think that idles roudy, you should hear the TRD. It idles like a mini truck. Listening closely to the supercharger turning makes you think it is loose inside.

The ticking noise is common among all Aurion's. Some just sound louder than others. It's nothing to be worried about. It's mainly a combination of the injectors and valves.

Don't forget the VVT-i Solenoid valves also give off quite a loud tick noise:

imagetvk.jpg

Also found here on the other bank (the second one is half hidden under the intake):

imagezel.jpg

Pull off the engine cover and see if this is what you are describing. If the engine is cool, you can also touch them to feel and understand why all the noise.

Edited by 450HP/tonne

DJKOR, ever since using Fuel Doctor, I could have sworn the engine is running quieter and not only that, when the engine was cold and I was driving the ticking noise would be there until the car warms up and then the ticking noise wouldn't be so obvious.

But now, even on a cold start, I can no longer hear it as much as I used to when on a cold engine and this all happened after my continuous use of Fuel Doctor.

Not sure if its any placebo effect or not but the engine sounds much quieter.

DJKOR, ever since using Fuel Doctor, I could have sworn the engine is running quieter and not only that, when the engine was cold and I was driving the ticking noise would be there until the car warms up and then the ticking noise wouldn't be so obvious.

But now, even on a cold start, I can no longer hear it as much as I used to when on a cold engine and this all happened after my continuous use of Fuel Doctor.

Not sure if its any placebo effect or not but the engine sounds much quieter.

Unique, I've also noticed that when my car is cold the ticking noise is louder, but once its warmed up its less obvious