rear sway bar or king lower spring?

finally i got time to install the RSB today, i didnt use any jack stands so it took me 2 hrs to finish it.... so lol

it does improve the handling and reduce body roll around corners, i have to say it worth the money.

i just got a question here, is it necessary to do a wheel balance or alignment after the new RSB on?

bought the ultra racing front strut brace, did improve the handling, at least it is noticeable.

now i would like to get a rear sway bar from ultra racing or lower my aurion by using kings spring.

the sway bar is around $323(+ postage: $17) , and the kings spring supply + installation is arount somewhere $500

not have much money to spend on, so i have to choose one of them for now.

which one should i go ?

thank you for any advices.

Edited by stanley19870425

In my experience lowering springs unless mated with matching shockies and adjustable camber arms are for asthetic appeal than actual performance so I recommend the sway bar if you are seriously after a budget improved handling performance whilst maintaining a spine friendly ride.

Otherwise save up for coilovers, I'm waiting on an update on the K Sport US Camry coilovers from the W.A distributor myself

Edited by Fiddy

In my experience lowering springs unless mated with matching shockies and adjustable camber arms are for asthetic appeal than actual performance so I recommend the sway bar if you are seriously after a budget improved handling performance whilst maintaining a spine friendly ride.

Otherwise save up for coilovers, I'm waiting on an update on the K Sport US Camry coilovers from the W.A distributor myself

cheers for the advice, then i think i would go for the sway bar. never notice that lower the car is just for the better sportive look other than improving the handling. lol

hey mate, just saw a adjustable coilovers for aurion on ebay. check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BC-Adjustable-Coilovers-suit-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-06-/200469428729?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eace8b9f9

cheers for the advice, then i think i would go for the sway bar. never notice that lower the car is just for the better sportive look other than improving the handling. lol

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BC-Adjustable-Coilovers-suit-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-06-/200469428729?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eace8b9f9

Not sure if you read this before but have a good read of this for rear sway bars on a front wheel drive: http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Rear-Sway-Bars-Improving-FWD-Handling/A_2359/article.html

I would say go the cheaper option and do not touch the factory fitted suspension.

Not sure if you read this before but have a good read of this for rear sway bars on a front wheel drive: http://autospeed.com.au/cms/title_Rear-Sway-Bars-Improving-FWD-Handling/A_2359/article.html

I would say go the cheaper option and do not touch the factory fitted suspension.

im really confused about the info. from internet. i searched internet if lower the car can improve the handling, many of the sites say it does because lower the body = lower the center of gravity. then the hanlding will be improved.

this is very different story from what i heared from you guys.

but i trust you guys, i will go for the rear sway bar~~~ :)

Seriously it makes me wonder why Toyota bring out these cars with such chunky body roll and under steer.

more riding confort brings more body roll??

i rented a falcon xr6, drove from brisbane to melbourne, it was fantastic when turning compare to our aurion. but it was really a torture when sit in such a car for more than 2 hrs.

will never rent a sports car for long distance travel again~~~~

I would go kings then maybe rear sway (if you got money).

Kings will make your car feel less like a boat and doesn't roll around corners, whereas sway will also make less roll in corners, but that only.

Depends what you want really..

Peter.

Kings will make your car feel (and look) less like a boat and doesn't roll around corners, whereas sway will also make less roll in corners, but that only.

Peter.

Fixed :P

edit: Just body roll? From what I read it also helps with understeer a fair bit with a decent sway/roll bar.

Edited by unique

Kings will make your car feel (and look) less like a boat and doesn't roll around corners, whereas sway will also make less roll in corners, but that only.

Peter.

Fixed :P

edit: Just body roll? From what I read it also helps with understeer a fair bit with a decent sway/roll bar.

Oh yep (it's been a long day), less understeer with rear sway. Don't go too big bar diameter/stiffness though, don't want to find that out the hard way..

IMO get the RSB and then save up for some coilovers if you want to lower it...unfortunatley spring & shock combos on the Aurion are very limited atm.

lowering using std shocks and the FSB & RSB will improve the handeling 10 fold from stock but it comes at a price in ride comfort,this you will notice.

but in saying all this i've tried a few different combos on my suspension and i think i've almost got it right now and i must say using both bars,camber kit,19"rims on sticky 245mm wide rubber and coilovers set at around medium dampening and not to dumped is the way to go...this thing handles great now and eats corners & roundabouts for brekkie and the ride comfort is acceptable. :D

Cheers

Lee

Listen to Lee, he's the man!! :lol: :P :lol:

Up to you really, depends on your price and which setup you will be comfortable with.

Ahhh coffeee here I come! :D

rear sway 100%.

to answer unique question the reason manufacturers dont' put thick swaybars on is the tendencya at the limit for these things to cause snap oversteer, they would much rather you plough through a corner at high speed with understeer.

Moderate lowering will always improve handling, it is when ppl compromise the limitations of the standard shocks with springs that are too low that you start going backwards,.

whitestivo

thank you all for the help.

i've decided go for the sway bar.

+1

Was gonna compose a long argument... But good for ya. :)

RSB ftw

thank you all for the help.

i've decided go for the sway bar.

+1

Was gonna compose a long argument... But good for ya. :)

RSB ftw

Still compose it mate. Others like me would be interested in the read!

edit: I just looked under my car and it looks like there is a rear sway bar but a stocky one. If removing this and putting in an after market, do I threaten my vehicle warranty? :o

Edited by unique

edit: I just looked under my car and it looks like there is a rear sway bar but a stocky one. If removing this and putting in an after market, do I threaten my vehicle warranty? :o

No mate. Only if it is the cause of any damage that can occur.... which is highly unlikely.

As for your question why they don't use a stiffer one in the first place to reduce body roll, whitestivo has pretty much answered that. For the everyday driver (which is the market for most cars), understeer tends to be the safer option for handling. There is more discussion on this in the like you have posted as well.

As well, when you think that a thicker sway bar means more metal, this means more cost, and when you're building these things in the thousands, every bit saved makes a difference.

Anyways, my opinion is to go for the RSB first if you have to choose.

No mate. Only if it is the cause of any damage that can occur.... which is highly unlikely.

As for your question why they don't use a stiffer one in the first place to reduce body roll, whitestivo has pretty much answered that. For the everyday driver (which is the market for most cars), understeer tends to be the safer option for handling. There is more discussion on this in the like you have posted as well.

As well, when you think that a thicker sway bar means more metal, this means more cost, and when you're building these things in the thousands, every bit saved makes a difference.

Anyways, my opinion is to go for the RSB first if you have to choose.

Thanks mate, that makes sense. Like I said in the other thread, I'll take your advice and go with the RWB instead as it seems like the better option and will do what I would like to accomplish in reducing body roll and under steer. I wish you guys would tell me about this stuff, it always come into my mind how can I do this and that on the cheap and it seems like they have invented something for everything already :P

• 3 weeks later...

finally i got time to install the RSB today, i didnt use any jack stands so it took me 2 hrs to finish it.... so lol

it does improve the handling and reduce body roll around corners, i have to say it worth the money.

i just got a question here, is it necessary to do a wheel balance or alignment after the new RSB on?

No it's not necessary. You are not modifying anything related to your alignment when you change this component.