Just got a 2004 corolla sportivo!

just got a 2004 corolla sportivo .. and im quite impressed.

has 110,000 km... i knew the owner he took extremely good care of it ... i paid 14k is that too much??

also im looking to add some small mods to it.. its already lowered and 17" rims, although for power wise, what mods can i do to improve?? only small mods.

anyways nice to meet you all! :D

Welcome.

You should start a "Members Ride" thread and put some photos up.

Also do a search and you'll find everything you need to know about modifications.

If I was as smart as DJKOR, I'd put the link up here for you... but...

Good luck.

hey mate nice buy

14k for 110,00km isn't too bad as long as you are happy with it, i remembered getting my 05 Sportivo for only 20K with 35,000km clocked. :yahoo:

if you are looking for some tiny mods than a CAI and an exhaust to would be good to start off with. :)

just got a 2004 corolla sportivo .. and im quite impressed.

has 110,000 km... i knew the owner he took extremely good care of it ... i paid 14k is that too much??

also im looking to add some small mods to it.. its already lowered and 17" rims, although for power wise, what mods can i do to improve?? only small mods.

anyways nice to meet you all! :D

I paid $14k for my car but with more ks on it .. 140xxx . It was from Toyota Dealership so i had to bite the bullet..

Like mentioned CAI and Exhaust might be your starting points.

I have a CES Cat Back exhaust on my car and im very happy with the performance and the sound (DB.)

Plenty of fun and at the same time not loud in the cabin for those long highway trips.

Just a tip , after a fews weeks driving you might feel the car is not driving as hard as it first does , its just a mind over matter thing and other members assured me it was just me being used to the power after a while.They were right !

welcome mate! Have fun!

i picked up a 03 sportivo dead stocker for $14k a month ago with 94000kms on it

Just a tip , after a fews weeks driving you might feel the car is not driving as hard as it first does , its just a mind over matter thing and other members assured me it was just me being used to the power after a while.They were right !

Mine still feels like when the first time I hit lift... :yahoo:

been having alot of problems getting in it into 1st to 2nd gear in high revs, it just crunches ...

im not sure if its me or the car, ive heard that there has been problems with the corolla sportivos gearbox ... im not sure what the prob is..

shud i change gearbox oil or something?

anyone else had this problem??

thanks

been having alot of problems getting in it into 1st to 2nd gear in high revs, it just crunches ...

im not sure if its me or the car, ive heard that there has been problems with the corolla sportivos gearbox ... im not sure what the prob is..

shud i change gearbox oil or something?

anyone else had this problem??

thanks

hey stig, i havin the same probs got to get the adjs done and the longer push thingo.. u know anywhere in western sydney that is good to fix her up???

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23473&view=findpost&p=389166

read this ...... i changed my clutch to a trd + oil + longer push rod within a few months of getting the car from factory ..... so i never experienced this crunching issue ...... as per the post above was discussing it with cme-lft and it seems to have fixed his issues ...... just hope u havent ruined the syncro's bcuz then its stuff either way.

• 5 months later...
hey stig, i havin the same probs got to get the adjs done and the longer push thingo.. u know anywhere in western sydney that is good to fix her up???

My mate works at a shop in Hornsby. He just did the pushrod, brass bushes for the gearbox and a new Exedy clutch.

Fixed all the problems your talking about. It seems the standard toyota clutch arrangement is GARBAGE!!