2ZR-FE Performance Headers

Ok, just called toyota spare parts. Exhaust manifold for the ZRE sedan and hatch are the same, as it is with all 2ZR-FE's.

OEM#17141-37051

Sooooo hopefully the WeaponR headers will fit. Still waiting on WeaponR to respond, i assume early nest week

Edit, just found the same OEM# on the US matrix 1.8 2ZR-FE 17141 MANIFOLD, EXHAUST

Replaced by: 17141-0T040 17141-37051 2008.01- 2ZRFE.. ZRE142

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive ordered my weaponR headers. Ill let you know how they go and if there is any problems. :) :yahoo: <--- hope thats not premature!

all good pete. thanks for being the first to get them because i know even i would be hesitant about being the first guinea pig. Hope it all goes well in the process. We've all been waiting for more performance mods for the 2ZR-FE engine. Fingers crossed!

Im happy to Guinea pig for the price, if it was a 700 odd dollar header i would probably have thought a bit longer and harder about it. From all research ive done today, im very confident it should fit well.

I have bought as well, where should I install, just get a local mechanic?

For thoso who are interested in the manifold structure in zre-15x, below are the pictures

(I have posted in another post about zre151 assemble map)

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_2007_TOYOTA_COROLLA_ZRE151L-GEMNKC_1701.html

For those who wonders how much gain for this header

I cannot find any data so far, but for this 2008 Sicion 2.4, the gain is 9hp, so the rolla should gain 6-7hp realistic

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/impp_1002_2008_scion_tc/weapon_r_race_header.html

Also suprised by that 4.9hp MegaFlow catback gain

Edited by ben yip

would headers do anything in an auto?

Yes, the headers reduce the back pressure, similar to what catback do, but more efficiently

would this reduce low end torque or increase?

depends on the header, according to my research, a 4-2-1 header can increase the low end torque, the 4-1 header, reduce the low end torque and power, but increase the high-end torque and power

The design of the header is important

for that weapons r header, i have no dyno chart to prove so far

Spot on Ben, thats why i opted for the WeaponR as its a 4-2-1 system. I would like to see a little longer secondary length but we shall see how it goes. Considering the small amount of space, to get longer secondaries in that tight fit would require some pretty insane spaghetti work, using Special CAD pipework programs. Not sure anyone even most manufacturers would go to that much effort. If you have 3D alignment/ spacial tools, and nuclear (seriously) pipework design programs, a crazy spaghetti header would be possible... but that my friends, is in my dreams... :)

Heads up peoples, ATS is waiting on stock from WeaponR. No headers in stock at the mo, and also, like i thought, their postage calc is wrong. Postage via USPS priority Mail International (6-10 days)will prob be around the US150-200 mark. FedEX or UPS around the US400 mark. Stock is expected mid/end of next week.

No sweat, im continuing with my order, and i did expect the postage to be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the WeaponR headers fit our OZ ZRE's.

See my thread for info.

Good work Pete! Was glad when you sent a msg saying it fitted! :D Just wondering how big the end of the headers are? And if they were fit the stock exhaust or would you have to go full custom exhaust? Ta.

Peter.

Thanks Johnnie but i think Ben originally posted the link, still, Im happy to guinea pig tho :D

I am still waiting for the header, think the courier lost the parcel, so sad.... ATC did not have the tracking number of the parcel

have to negotiate with atc with another one if I cannot see it within weeks

I post it to my office in CBD in sydney, not sure why it get lost !!!

I dun know what the australian post is doing !!

so sad