Waxing Headlights...

I just got a new set of headlights and I want to avoid them from getting yellow as long as possible.

I am aware there is no issue with waxing your headlights, but given the differences between a polymer and carnauba wax; would it be safe to say the polymer based wax would be better at protecting the headlight lens? From reading around, the polymer based ones are supposed to 'last' longer than the carnauba ones.

Would using a wax such as: http://www.turtlewax.com.au/classic.htm - Turtle wax Super Hard Shell (claims 12months protection) be safe to use on them without affecting the clarity of the lens?

I once got this slight 'fogged' look on the front of my Sportivo headlights around the areas where the headlight is close to the body of the car.

I always thought this was due to the wax whenever I put that on the car. After that, I've always taken care to avoid getting wax on the headlights.

I guess I was worrying about the wrong thing?

waxing your headlights is absolutely fine. i routinely wax over my headlights everytime i wax my car.

you are correct in that a synthetic sealent type of wax will be the best. not sure of what other brands may have in the synthetic waxes but i have alwasy used meguiars nxt 2.0 on my headlights. apply it liberally over the headlight, let it set for 10-15mins, and then buff off. ;)