Cold Air Intake ZRE

Hey everyone

Sorry i searched but could find much.. does anyone know of a decent place in Sydney that i can get a cold air intake system for 2008 ZRE hatch, i heard Ingen arn't bad and for most of us it does the job? By the way guys I ordered by TRD muffler should arrive in a few weeks, can't wait! Plus installing my foggies after uni exams!

Cheers

Hey everyone

Sorry i searched but could find much.. does anyone know of a decent place in Sydney that i can get a cold air intake system for 2008 ZRE hatch, i heard Ingen arn't bad and for most of us it does the job? By the way guys I ordered by TRD muffler should arrive in a few weeks, can't wait! Plus installing my foggies after uni exams!

Cheers

before you order the Injen CAI you might want to read what Xoom posted up, but as for a place in sydney to order for you there are a couple of places you can get em from but might work out a bit cheaper online

Maybe you could make your own?? e.g.

Yeah... and have the hose pop off all of a sudden :P

:P... well if he adds an extra bend pipe it wouldnt :P!

P.S that quick fix u did daryl is still goin strong hasnt popped off and does show signs of popping off :D

Hi guys,

What size piping is that for the custom intake? And where can I get the MAF sensor adapter?

Hey John that adaptor comes off the stock airbox

Thanks Charlie but the facelift ZRE has the sensor mount on the airbox... I fooled myself this week thinking that it was separate.

Facelift airbox:

Damn :( maybe u can get a pre face box off toyota? also the diametre i used was i think 3". not sure if 2.5" would be better

Thanks Charlie but the facelift ZRE has the sensor mount on the airbox... I fooled myself this week thinking that it was separate.

Facelift airbox:

Damn :( maybe u can get a pre face box off toyota? also the diametre i used was i think 3". not sure if 2.5" would be better

or u can just buy an adapter from autobarn... be a hell of alot cheaper than trying to hunt around for a spare pre-facelift airbox...

Facelift airbox:

36440684.th.jpg

42427588.th.jpg

23235999.th.jpg

damn...lol hate it being a one piece attached to the cover itself, autobarn do have MAF sensor mounts i can go take a look for you today if you want, ive got the day off so i'll try find one for ya

Thanks guys. I'll probably get the adapter from Autobarn.

Does anyone agree with Ascendant Rice that a smaller intake of 2.5" will be better compared to a 3"?

Also what size piping does the Injen CAI use? I've emailed Injen about some R&D and see what their thoughts are, but I'm a little skeptical.

Just asking these questions as a few people had issues with their MAF sensors after installing the Injen CAI and I just want to mix it up a bit here and play around with my own, hopefully I won't have the same issue. I've got a K&N Apollo sitting at home, a couple of pod filters and a custom CAI from a prelude (I think it's using 3" or even 3.5"). It looks a little too beat up to be used anyway.

Thanks

John

• 4 months later...

Pretty sure its 65mm or 2.5"

I wouldn't recommend you connect the pod directly on to MAF pipe, you may want to reduce the air turbulence a bit before it. Sayin that i havent done it so try and see how it goes....

what is the diameter of the pipe with the MAF sensor? (3"?) because i want to connect a pod directly to the end of the MAF sensor pipe. that is possible right?

Bro don't attach the pod it directly to the sensor i did it and it was sucking in so much hot air it was ridiculous the pod got hot enough to burn my finger tips.. check out my diy cai guide http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29811&pid=416678&st=0entry416678..

though if u do insist on doing it u need a pod with a 3" neck that can stretch and alot of strength to get it on

thanks heaps, i will follow that guide, should make my job a lot easier now that i just got to follow it.

how long did it take you to complete the job?

with all the parts took about 20- 30 mins including removing the bar