05 Sportivo

First Impressions from the 03 model......the 05 feels more refined, feels like it has more low down torque, and the leather is not as firm as the 03 model, its more plush, also worth a mention is the great sound system. Havent used lift and ill try not to for the first 1000k's. Real happy with the car, let the mods begin :D

Congratz on ur car, im a new celica zr owner myself. I've got about 2000 k's on it nows.

Anyway from what dealers tell you and what most people would too is to not drive your car hard for the first 1000 k's or so.

Maybe you should take a look at this website http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm. Its just good to know, but its up to you whether you do it or not. Maybe you've read about this b4, but incase you havent i just thought u'd like to know.

Personally, i've tried this method myself coz i wanted the most out of my new engine. I didnt overkill it though, just hit lift about 7 times over the 1000 k period and ALSO made sure my engine was warmed up b4 driving hard.

Let me tell you, on my 1000 k service they asked if i've even taken it above 3k coz they thought i drove like a granny. The second thing is, ive heard from alot of ppl that shifting on 7800rpms (red line) its impossible to land on lift. Well i dont know if its because of how i broke-in my engine, but landing on lift in gears other than 1st to 2nd is not problem at all shifting on that rpm. 1st to 2nd is more a 50/50 chance unless i take it all the way to fuel-cut off.

Just adding my own input, hopefully it helps you out.

Congratz on the car though, lift rocks! And Black, nice choice of colour :P

Thanx for the advice BlkZR, ive read that article before, and i hit lift once already(oops) couldnt help myself, feels quite mild compared to the 03 model with the CAI, you can really tell the difference. I wont drive it hard, just let her run in normally. Now i gotta figure out on a suspension setup :unsure::unsure: . Time to Pimp that ride :D

Now i gotta figure out on a suspension setup  :unsure:  :unsure: . Time to Pimp that ride  :D

Back to the RAV 4 look hey Lucio. Ahh... All that body roll again!

I recommend talking to you know who about getting trade prices on the whiteline (Koni) shock & spring setup with swaybar. For what it will cost you real good value :)

3 more track days have been booked in throughout the year after the next one in July, so no excuses about being away. You have a choice of August 17, October 26 and November 22. Warning though once you do one you'll be hooked. Just fitted some 19" enkei's (same as I had on the sportivo) to the RX8 so as I can keep the stock alloys for track tyres.

Cheers mate

Thanx for the advice BlkZR, ive read that article before, and i hit lift once already(oops) couldnt help myself, feels quite mild compared to the 03 model with the CAI, you can really tell the difference. I wont drive it hard, just let her run in normally. Now i gotta figure out on a suspension setup  :unsure:  :unsure: . Time to Pimp that ride  :D

go coilover way man.

Now i gotta figure out on a suspension setup  :unsure:  :unsure: . Time to Pimp that ride   :D

I recommend talking to you know who about getting trade prices on the whiteline (Koni) shock & spring setup with swaybar. For what it will cost you real good value :)

3 more track days have been booked in throughout the year after the next one in July, so no excuses about being away. You have a choice of August 17, October 26 and November 22. Warning though once you do one you'll be hooked. Just fitted some 19" enkei's (same as I had on the sportivo) to the RX8 so as I can keep the stock alloys for track tyres.

Cheers mate

Funny you say that, sounds just like Peekay, how was the trip with the honda boys??

Now i gotta figure out on a suspension setup  :unsure:  :unsure: . Time to Pimp that ride   :D

Cheers mate

Funny you say that, sounds just like Peekay, how was the trip with the honda boys??

Koni and spring not gonna make ur ride pimpin' man.

I know, but at the same time i dont want my car to clean the streets around the city either. Im just after a nice low look, and i dont want the ride to become harsh. I have to admit i havent considered coilovers yet, i am still uncertain, dont know much about them. I can get whiteline low springs for $115 a pair, dont know about the koni's. The car wont be used for track purposes I dont see the point in going overboard for a setup. Coilovers to me seem like they are too full on for the street.like i said i dont know much about them.

Coilover that comes with adjustable dampers and selections of spring rates is a good buy to set up your car purely for the street. Most people wants it due to its height adjustments and damper adjustment in one package. You can make it as comfy as whiteline with koni, and you can lower it to your liking. You won't be scraping the streets, our car's height is too high, and most coilovers gives u 4' drop and that is my current ride height :D

I just thought, for another $500 on top of konis and springs, i may aswell go for coilovers :) If you have trade price then of course the koni option is becoming a real bargain and probably best value ;)

Pimp rides in big dollar vehicles, hence the need for big dollar parts ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I hit lift today in the new model, the transition after 6200rpm is very smooth compared to the old car, and it seems to pull harder, landed 1st to 2nd at 6500.wohooo havent done that for a while, a slight chirp and i was away. This 05 model stock feels quicker than the old one with CAI. Might go calder friday night to test out the car in stock form. Now i gotta find a helmet.

I hit lift today in the new model, the transition after 6200rpm is very smooth compared to the old car, and it seems to pull harder, landed 1st to 2nd at 6500.wohooo havent done that for a while, a slight chirp and i was away. This 05 model stock feels quicker than the old one with CAI. Might go calder friday night to test out the car in stock form. Now i gotta find a helmet.

I am sure a lot of 03 and 04 Stivo owners will be real interested with your result! :D We shall all cheer you on.. and your target is 14.8! :lol: