Gallop Tyres

Lukusis

Hi guys....

Was looking at getting a wheel/tyre package from a local shop. Shot them an email asking what tyres they have in the package and the response was either 'Gallop' brand (all i can find on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/205-40-17-cheap-tyres-Gallop-/250640649896?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5b58cea8) or a tyre (YS-618) without a brand name like this one (again on ebay, although another shop: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-205-45-17-YS618-QUALITY-LOW-PROFILE-TYRES-/230481047247?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a9bdaecf).....

Anyone know of either of these tyres, as i havent heard of them.......

Im thinking maybe ill just grab the rims and source tyres elsewhere?

Cheers

Hi guys....

Was looking at getting a wheel/tyre package from a local shop. Shot them an email asking what tyres they have in the package and the response was either 'Gallop' brand (all i can find on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/205-40-17-cheap-tyres-Gallop-/250640649896?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5b58cea8) or a tyre (YS-618) without a brand name like this one (again on ebay, although another shop: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-205-45-17-YS618-QUALITY-LOW-PROFILE-TYRES-/230481047247?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a9bdaecf).....

Anyone know of either of these tyres, as i havent heard of them.......

Im thinking maybe ill just grab the rims and source tyres elsewhere?

Cheers

Hey Luke

I have YS-618 (Yellow Sea(s)) on my wifes car (05 Rolla) 215/45/17

Jax Tyres told me they were rubbish and noisey but i personally have had no complaints .

Good in dry and Ok in Rain but i wont recommend them on a Sportivo or a car with too much grunt as it maybe a bit nasty when its raining.

So far the tire wear appears to be normal and we had it for just about a year now.

On my Sportivo i had Silverstones and they were like being on marbles when it rained , got Potenza Adrenalin and they kill just about any tire on the market. WET or DRY it doesnt leave the road.

Hey,

Yeah the wet weather is really what was bothering me, or rather what i was curious about...... The rolla has Maxxis on it atm and in the wet they are just shocking to the point i have one buckled rim from trying to turn right through a round about and the car went straight (at low speed too)...... also find myself sideways fairly often on random curves/corners.....

Might have to look into the Potenzas.... biggrin.gif

Cheers for the input guys smile.gif

Edited by Lukusis

i can also suggest you Khumo KU36 which i find really sticky.

i got them from tempe tyres, they seem to be the cheapest around if you are in Sydney.

they are probably more sticky in the dry then the potenza RE001, and have a good rating in the wet too.

They are pretty much compared up against the potenza RE01R but they aint as good as them :)

Not sure what size you are chasing Personally I would be looking at a Michelin Pilot Sporet 3 not sure bof the advantage to all the no name brands of tyres bight the bullet and spend the money you wont regret it.I also have twop cars running the Dunlop sport Max TT they are great.

You dont want your tires too sticky in Dry , will ruin the fuel economy if there is too much resistance.

The more grip in wet the better.

On the subject of Michelin Pilot Sport , had a set and loved it. Good all around performance and good rolling.

Was looking for 205/45/17....

Not too bothered about Dry grip..... more so wet performance, because the blardy thing slides about in the wet so easily "/

One thing i did notice was going from 195 up to 205 seemed to make an impact on fuel economy...... that and i have a lead foot at times :P

Was looking for 205/45/17....

Not too bothered about Dry grip..... more so wet performance, because the blardy thing slides about in the wet so easily "/

One thing i did notice was going from 195 up to 205 seemed to make an impact on fuel economy...... that and i have a lead foot at times :P

The Dunlop Sp300E fitted to the car from Toyota is one of the Best Gripping Silica based tyres.

I loved it when it was on the car , i ended upgrading to 17 rims because to replace the 195/60/15 were going to cost me $150 ($600 all up)so added another $250 got the look and the cheaper replacement options for future.

45 Profiles in 17 inch can scrub the inside of the rear guards and under the front bumper screw if going over bumps at speed or at load if the car has been lowered a few inches .

Just something to keep in mind as it starts eating the under fender plastic guard due to too much scrubbing.