Audio Install

Daz

Hey all...

can anyone advise how to rip out the panels for the rear doors? im looking to change the speakers.. also is it the same/similar process for the front?

oh.. and where have u guys hooked up your ground for the amp and to get the power cable to the battery, is ther a recommended hole in the firewall i should look for?

ive done a search.. and maybe im blind, but i cant really find anything to answer my questions.. im hoping someone out there might be able to point me in the right direction :blink:

post-61-1118547123_thumb.jpg

Here is my ground, is at the side step next to the front passenger seat, since my amp is under the front passenger seat, this is the logical spot.

I got two ground connected together on the grounding point. Blue/Red is to the amp and brown to the negative terminal battery.

cheers bro..much appreciated. especially the pics! :)

for those who have the amp at the rear, where did u ground it?

i havent decided where to put the amp, any positives/negatives for placement under the seat or in the boot?

thanx in advance..

Edited by Daz

yeah im about to buy and install all my stereo bits and pieces... probably going to stick my amp under the seat and run my splits off it, but then im going to run a sub in the boot... so maybe i should put the amp in the boot...

pros and cons of each place would be good from anyone who has an upgraded stereo :)

i think if u take out the rear seats u should find a few bolts contacting the metal chassis. im pretty sure thats where my ground was connected to. and my amps bolted on the rear seats, so the floppy cardboard thing in the boot sorta protects it.

In my opinion, if you want function over look, place the amp under the front passenger seat. This way you do not need to run long power cables and long cables for your speakers and subs. This also reduced resistance of long distance cable stretch between batt - amp - speaker etc etc.

what kind of amp are you running and rear speakers in the door ? Also what do you think of the overall sound and can it be heard from outside or not ? thanks , i prefer it to sound good in the inside but not too loud outisde . ;)

seems to me u want SQ set up. I run 800w 4chn Peforma AMp. I don't use the rear speaker, so its pure front stage. Splits at front and 10' sub at the back with custom twin drone sub box.

Its just a general set up, focus on clean sound.

!ZZ-FE, Kcoroo and TRD_141 can tell you how it sounded.

seems to me u want SQ set up. I run 800w 4chn Peforma AMp. I don't use the rear speaker, so its pure front stage. Splits at front and 10' sub at the back with custom twin drone sub box.

Its just a general set up, focus on clean sound.

!ZZ-FE, Kcoroo and TRD_141 can tell you how it sounded.

seems pretty good, well atm i still got the stock back rear speakers, sounding orrite but quality wise pretty poor. i also have a pair of nice pioneer 6x9 but still trying to figure out a spot for them. Perhaps in the boot on the side or something. Ill stil think about them . For the mean time ill just focus on keeping the wires and equitment neat and tidy. All come down really to how much you want to spend. And for me because p plated has some issues with the insurance. :ph34r:

Daz,

In regards of a mounting point for your amp I have found the following pros and cons.

Mounting your amp under your front seat is a neat "out of the way" location but I have found in the past it can lead to over heating of the amp which will cause an auto cut out and can reduce the overall life of your amp. (I significantly reduced the life of a very expensive MTX Thunder amp this way)

Rear seat occupants can also disturb wiring if they kick or put their feet on the amp.

The amp will have alot more venting space in the boot but then is can also be in the way of loading things in the boot and also runs the risk of being bumped by such objects. If you have a full boot (road trips etc) this can also lead to overheating of the amp.

I have done quite a number of installs for both friends and paying customers, mounting amps wherever the customers wished. Most often we found that the boot was the better option as long as the person can afford the space.

Ultimately, you should mount the amp in a place that suits you best. If you need maximum boot space then go under the passenger seat, its not going to cut your amp life in half but I found my amps seemed to wear out faster when mounted in this position.

Thats my experience anyhow.

If anybody is interested in the sub box in the pic(same as the one in my car) Then sned me a PM as A friend of mine makes them. Cost around the $300 mark and fit awesome plus you still have got a boot to put stuff in. ;)

post-335-1118625149_thumb.jpg

If anybody is interested in the sub box in the pic(same as the one in my car) Then sned me a PM as A friend of mine makes them. Cost around the $300 mark and fit awesome plus you still have got a boot to put stuff in. ;)

hmm few hundred more i can get the whole boot custom made, got that quoted for 700 dollars at autobarn. Thats with the whole boot remounted into a nice design with a fiberglass botom for the amp ;) and still got room for luggage. Only thing is that you lose the spare wheel . But i think i can sacrafice that.

the most important thing is the wiring and install, and many times i looked at the workmanship, unless you're paying for hi - end install, they do a shortcut job. So be careful, infact its good if u can work out your set up and tell them to do it according to it. If you turn up to audio store and just tell them to install, most of them just gonna be dodgy and give u wrong install.