Audio Install

Daz

If anybody is interested in the sub box in the pic(same as the one in my car) Then sned me a PM as A friend of mine makes them. Cost around the $300 mark and fit awesome plus you still have got a boot to put stuff in. ;)

hmm few hundred more i can get the whole boot custom made, got that quoted for 700 dollars at autobarn. Thats with the whole boot remounted into a nice design with a fiberglass botom for the amp ;) and still got room for luggage. Only thing is that you lose the spare wheel . But i think i can sacrafice that.

MMM $700 - $300 = $400? Am I correct cause last time i checked I didn't think that $400 was a few hundred. ;) The back of the box is all Fibreglass and is considerably light. Plus side is you can still access your spare wheel. FYI it wasn't done by some back yard dodgy either my mate runs his own mobile audio business Urban Auto Tek and works part time for JB Hi Fi so I'm thinking he really knows his audio stuff ;)

:) thanx for all the input guys (and random comments along the way lol)

i got the system installed today:

6in kenwood front splits: put the tweeters in the stock position

6in pioneer 3-way fit snug into the rear doors

Pioneer DEH 7650MP Headunit

12in Kenwood DB Sub

4ch Kenwood 800w Amp

running sub and splits off the amp.. rear speakers off the deck for some rear fill

ended up mounting the amp under the passenger seat. there seemed to be enough clearance for the fan to work efficiently and proper ventilation etc so went with that option. Only problem is now my genuine floor mat wont fit under there coz it'll cover the fan :lol:

so yeh.. *yay* good to have some bass back in my life haha. B)

thanks again ppl :D

Daz,

Can you please post a pic up of the single din headunit which I guess would now have a pocket in the spare space.

Were they able to use the original headunit mounts?

What product was used for the pocket? (genuine or generic)?

You could always opt for the most acoustically pleasing way of installing audio visit this link:

install

if it doesn't work cut and paste,, sorry

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2028826

All we need now is the sound track of the installer laughing and the picture of the owner's face when they inform him of The Cold Hard Truth ... :lol:

Daz,

Can you please post a pic up of the single din headunit which I guess would now have a pocket in the spare space.

Were they able to use the original headunit mounts?

What product was used for the pocket? (genuine or generic)?

apologies for the late reply. the spacer was supplied by the installer.. its most likely generic.. he charged me $10 for it

post-866-1119163659_thumb.jpg

you guys who have put aftermarket head units in your car, how did you combat the fact that the stock head unit is far wider than any aftermarket head unit? i just bought the bracket things from toyota - which were a fricken rip off (see my other post)...

its so stupid that they made the stock unit wider... surely there would be a number of people replacing their head units.

• 1 year later...