Toyota owners, can you do me a favour please :D

Since I think I got my transmission computer replaced, its my fault for not putting some sort of permanent marker marking on the computer box to see if it was replaced. But on top of it there is a code, mine is 89530-33021 V29(written exactly like that)

If you could please be so kind (it only takes couple of minutes) and go see what your code number is and write it down. If its the same I'm guessing it would mean the bastards never touched it. It's just I'm really picky with this stuff and I know if I don't find out its going to annoy me.

As DJKOR said: Look underneath your air filter box/battery and you will see it attached to the gearbox. :)

thanks in advance!!

I was about to help you out but then I though... nah, stuff it :lol:.

Actually, I really was about to check but then my brain clicked and I realised that I can't.

But that there appears to simply be the part number. Just because it is the same, it doesn't mean it hasn't been replaced. It could simply be a reflashed unit.

That said, looking up the part codes for the 07+ Aurion, the transmission ECU comes up as:

89530-33020 COMPUTER ASSY, TRANSMISSION CONTROL

So it appears you may definitely have a different unit. And besides... even if it wasn't changed, your problem is fixed right?

I was about to help you out but then I though... nah, stuff it :lol:.

Actually, I really was about to check but then my brain clicked and I realised that I can't.

But that there appears to simply be the part number. Just because it is the same, it doesn't mean it hasn't been replaced. It could simply be a reflashed unit.

That said, looking up the part codes for the 07+ Aurion, the transmission ECU comes up as:

89530-33020 COMPUTER ASSY, TRANSMISSION CONTROL

So it appears you may definitely have a different unit. And besides... even if it wasn't changed, your problem is fixed right?

Thanks heaps for that man. Feeling and thinking my problem is fixed is one thing, actually physically seeing its been fixed is also another :P

The only difference in those two codes is the last number from 0 to 1!

:(

Facelift has a different part number 89530-33160, but there is no supersession from pre-facelift (89530-33021 is the latest you can have [and you do]).

If there is another person who can check on there car as well that would be awesome. Maybe someone that has an 07 model and 09 model please!

Mate we,ve got a MY10 ZR6 and the transmission computer-assy part# is 89530-33160,

Facelift has a different part number 89530-33160, but there is no supersession from pre-facelift (89530-33021 is the latest you can have [and you do]).

Oh okay. So your telling me that they never replaced the my computer or they have??

Oh okay. So your telling me that they never replaced the my computer or they have??

I can't tell if they did or not, but if they did the new part for your car would be 89530-33021.

If they didn't it would be either 89530-33020 or 89530-33021. You have the later of those two, so everything looks good for you!