wheel sizes

I'm looking to start my modifications with the old wheel/tyre game.

I would like to get 20s...Will I need to modify anything else immediately such as brakes suspension etc...

I'm asking because the wheels n tyres I'm looking at will cost around $2500 and I won't be able to afford any other mods until I save up again. Also any warranty voids come into play here?

I would like to get 20s...Will I need to modify anything else immediately such as brakes suspension etc...

I'm asking because the wheels n tyres I'm looking at will cost around $2500 and I won't be able to afford any other mods until I save up again. Also any warranty voids come into play here?

You shouldn't have any issues running 20s and wont need to change anything else. Just make sure you get the right offset and load compliance from the wheels and tyres. Check out the FAQ up the top of this forum section.

Theoretically you can void some parts of the warranty concerning the suspension if you change, but it depends on who you talk to at Toyota as to if you get covered if something goes wrong.

If you can get 20 X 8 Inch, you should be fine.

You can get 20 X 8.5 Inch aswell but you might have issues with insurance.

Any Wider then 8.5 Inch your asking for trouble

20x8.5 i had on mine, no problem, a few guys are running 9.5

Just depends on if you have the balls to ride illegal width wise....my balls have never been that big, especially on a 20k + car with full comp, would hate to be reneged on a claim for over wide wheels.

gl with sourcing rims mate

20x8.5 i had on mine, no problem, a few guys are running 9.5

Yeah you shouldnt have problems with 8.5, aslong as your insurer knows about it, its all good :)

I think 9.5 can cause the brake to fail... I duno.. If 9.5 Inch drives ok, I wonder how Aurion will go with 22 inch wheels :)

Just depends on if you have the balls to ride illegal width wise....my balls have never been that big, especially on a 20k + car with full comp, would hate to be reneged on a claim for over wide wheels.

I totally agree with you mate.. Would really suck to pay the full repair of your car and someone elses car just because of the rim width.

Im running 20x 8.0 and lowered and fully insured etc nps as long as your up front with the insurance company

You were pretty lucky to find what you like in that size, Normally all the good looking 20s are 8.5 Inch

very true I have been looking at changing my wheels and you are right most of the ones I like are 8.5 also search the forums for DREs car he is running 22s

Edited by 51DER

You shouldn't have any issues running 20s and wont need to change anything else. Just make sure you get the right offset and load compliance from the wheels and tyres. Check out the FAQ up the top of this forum section.

Theoretically you can void some parts of the warranty concerning the suspension if you change, but it depends on who you talk to at Toyota as to if you get covered if something goes wrong.

thanks matey...will look into things a bit more

If you can get 20 X 8 Inch, you should be fine.

You can get 20 X 8.5 Inch aswell but you might have issues with insurance.

Any Wider then 8.5 Inch your asking for trouble

oky doky I'll email me insurer n ask a couple o questions

Thanks fellas....sorry me reply's have taken so long "flat chat" at work so "buggered" when I get home :huh:

I will check out my insurer and go from there....thanks for the advice :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys instead of starting a new thread i thought i would post here

Would it be alright if i put rims on with an offset of 45 with tyres 245/40/18, i was just thinking with the tyre being a fair bit wider it might rub on the inside, i know there are heaps of guys running 245 tyres with rims of 40+ or 42+ but would it be ok with 45+

Cheers