KRudd vs. JGill

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so what does everyone make of this?

IMO nothing will change/happen regardless of who wins... but ruddkipz brought this on himself...

now with pole!

Whoever made the push for the resources tax was, IMO, committing suicide.

The big votes obviously come from the cities, but people need to see what effect the proposed tax is having on mining communities ALREADY.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking in the 'positions vacant' column just yet, but it has thrown an air of doubt around, all too close to the big crash last year.

People out here just cannot believe how much of a cash grab it is!

Hopefully it is dismissed as 'stupid' and they (the mining companies) can re-establish their trust and start investing monies again.

Thats obviously one aspect of it but I feel it was definitely a catalyst to what is going on.

Whoever made the push for the resources tax was, IMO, committing suicide.

The big votes obviously come from the cities, but people need to see what effect the proposed tax is having on mining communities ALREADY.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking in the 'positions vacant' column just yet, but it has thrown an air of doubt around, all too close to the big crash last year.

People out here just cannot believe how much of a cash grab it is!

Hopefully it is dismissed as 'stupid' and they (the mining companies) can re-establish their trust and start investing monies again.

Thats obviously one aspect of it but I feel it was definitely a catalyst to what is going on.

Working in the mining industry as well I totaly get what you mean by the 'air of doubt', just as things were starting to come good again...

All I really want to change is a) can the mining super tax idea B) fire stephen conroy.... if gilligan is the one to do it, then go her.

well we now have our first female non-australian born PM ....... funny how someone can become PM without being voted for at all by the public ..... lol

its fuqn bulls!t...

i fail to see how ONE person can be blamed for the 'mining tax'... the majority of the labour party have to back the proposal before to goes ahead (to my understanding)...

ugh... so fuqn lame...

i know i wont be voting for anybody next time...

i'm gonna vote for DJKOR.... :lol:

well we now have our first female non-australian born PM ....... funny how someone can become PM without being voted for at all by the public ..... lol

She's Welsh, so she gets points for that.

Since when does the PM ever get voted for by the public? The PM whoever they party in power votes it to be. Personally I think our PM should be voted like America's president. Vote for your governing party, and then vote independently for the PM.

i'm gonna vote for DJKOR.... :lol:

:clap: Motion seconded.

I for one, couldn't really give two sh#ts about who runs the country, I think either way we're all gonna get screwed over anyways..

I don't like political jokes either... too many have been elected

Working in the mining industry as well I totaly get what you mean by the 'air of doubt', just as things were starting to come good again...

All I really want to change is a) can the mining super tax idea B) fire stephen conroy.... if gilligan is the one to do it, then go her.

Same. Who doesn't have their finger in the mining pie in someway?

And the sooner Conroy goes the better too.

Same. Who doesn't have their finger in the mining pie in someway?

And the sooner Conroy goes the better too.

THIS!

I for one, couldn't really give two sh#ts about who runs the country, I think either way we're all gonna get screwed over anyways..

I don't like political jokes either... too many have been elected

+2, which is EXACTLY why i do donkey votes/scribble with my eyes closed :)

When it comes to the entire politics side of things, I don't want to seem stupid or anything but I don't really follow it. At the end of the day, it just seems like there is always going to be problems.

For the record, I never voted for Rudd. Things seemed okay to me before he was in action so I figured why bother changing it.

Anyways, politics aren't my thing. LOL at Jetstar though.

Edit: Only noticed it was a poll (after wondering why this thread kept getting bumped with no new posts). Thanks for the support guys :lol:

--------------------------------

Mines downsizing due to new super tax:

25a3cjq.jpg

Howard Govt was doing well except the fact he refused to give Costello a go which is fair enough because the people voted for Howard not Costello as the PM...

Same crap here, the people voted (I didnt...) for K Rudd not that red hair back stabber, either way the whole Labor party was in it for the mining tax and numerous other bad decision (insulation, BER program etc...) to blame it on Rudd is kinda treating us like kingarden kids...

The last election perhaps the general public was mersmerised by K Rudds appoarch and charisma as how i see it their only policy difference was Kyoto and 'saying sorry to the stolen generation' + the talk fest of ETS, which as we can see a mere symbolic gesture more than anything else practical...

People said the BER program helped, well I worked in the program and its worst than a mess, currently there is internal decision to pushing spending as high as possible just to tell the public that the work is being done... (that includes final payment before 100% completion and project management fees running into salaries higher than you and I combined before the a shovel was digged into the gound...)

As for the insulation you knew all about it on the news...

the rest of their policy was pretty similar (except ETS) and I'm surprised the attitude that going Rudd a fair go when Howard govt did pretty well for 12 years with economic growth... (nevermind the fact they are lucky or not, luck is how you make of it...)

3 years on

- housing cost still high and unlikely to come down in the near future... unless you want to move out way out there...

- grocery watch was a hmmm...

- fuel watch? still high no matter what...

- we will take Japan to the court for whaling in our area... they backed down for 2 years and i have nfi if they did took them to court recently...

- ETS that was shelved where the entire election was based on the moral watever of the generation...

- 2020 summit, now i have nfi where that went too...

- NBN, net filter...???

etc etc etc...

tbh i have no idea who to vote, whoever is in the govt will have us to pay back the debt for all the quick spending in the past 3 years, i highly doubt if increasing GST was never considered as a way to increase their revenue stream... (12% -> 10% goes to the state and maybe 2% goes to feddys...) and its good that the mining tax will get serious look at and consultation but it will be implemented one way or another or maybe delayed till next election...

for the record, i'm a swing voter... i dont have a preference... :P

To some it up in a sentence ladies and gentlemen:

Aust voted in one conceited prick to replace the other conceited prick, only to be replaced by a complete educated bogan!

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff but anyone who was at the front lines battling to keep Australia out of recession deserve a fair bit of respect.

The way they dumped Kevin Rudd was disgusting, i was listening to 2UE today (yes, i listen to 2ue) and the personal assistant to Bill Clinton was in town. She said in America this would never have happened, once you are elected by the people you are entitled to serve your full term. the way she was talking gave me an indication we are the laughing stock around the world at moment.

My colleague, reading the Chinese newspapers in China said similar story....laughing stock but of course not in those exact words.

i dont agree with mining tax and amongst other things but, this was just wrong.

funny how Women around the country are claiming to be proud and advertising that Women can have a Top job.

im not sexist...but We have NSW Women premier who got in not by the people but with the approval of Labour members, same goes with Ms Bligh in QLD and now Federal as well. we also have Lady Governor and Lady Sydney MAyor... although they got in fair and square.

That Wayne Swan also deserves everything he gets...i hate that smug smile...

i for one will will not vote Labour not becuase of Gillard but because of the way they carried on, when the going gets tough their answer is Change the PM or premier.

The way they dumped Kevin Rudd was disgusting, i was listening to 2UE today (yes, i listen to 2ue) and the personal assistant to Bill Clinton was in town. She said in America this would never have happened, once you are elected by the people you are entitled to serve your full term. the way she was talking gave me an indication we are the laughing stock around the world at moment.

My colleague, reading the Chinese newspapers in China said similar story....laughing stock but of course not in those exact words.

But Rudd wasn't elected by the people. We vote for our local MP, the most number of wins to a political party then results in that party having leadership, the party chooses their leader. The American and Chinese systems are different to ours.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to this stuff but anyone who was at the front lines battling to keep Australia out of recession deserve a fair bit of respect.

i'm sure if Liberal still in, who knows we might have a smaller deficent compared to whats there now. We didnt take the full brunt of the GFC partly Chinas need for our 'raw' materials and because we are small players in the world stock market etc with its rigid financial system that saved our collective **** more than the $900 handouts and spending spree...

You might think oh yeah it proped up the economy but I can assured you from my experience with the BER program only the 'selected' few won the most lucrative contracts running into billions (collectively) and the scraps for the locals (jobs less than $150k) which successive government acknowledged they are the engine of the economy...

Just read the news today and if Gilard goes to poll in August, she will win based on the fact us Aussie usually gives free pass to government during honeymoon period... oh i so wish she call the election then and the prediction backfires on the Labor party...