New tyres need for Sportivo V6 - 205/60/16

Tivo36

G'day all,

It's time to replace the tyres on the Camry (02 Sportivo V6 - auto), and I'm bamboozled for choice!

I've been recommended nearly every tyre under the sun, by every tyre saleman in my area, and they all claim the tyre they're selling to be the best! (I know, they're just doing their job).

The car came with (new) Bridgestone Turanza ER300's. I was happy with their performance, but not their longevity -

only managed 25,000 km on the fronts.

My wish list is:

- Similar performance to the ER300's (will sacrifice a little performance for better mileage)

- Quiet

- Better mileage than the ER300's

- Keep same tyre size 205/60/15 if possible (I know this size limits tyre choice)

- Price: $130 - $170 bracket

- The use of the vehicle is basically "mums taxi" (shopping/picking up the kids/running around town etc)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

i had dunlop sp300e's on mine, which lasted around 60,000km with occasional hooning. they were $180 each, and i thought they were a fabulous tyre. when i sold the car (and to get the rwc) i only had to replace the front tyres, and the rear tyres were still good.

i'd never tried any other tyre on it though so can't honestly comment on others

i had dunlop sp300e's on mine, which lasted around 60,000km with occasional hooning. they were $180 each, and i thought they were a fabulous tyre. when i sold the car (and to get the rwc) i only had to replace the front tyres, and the rear tyres were still good.

i'd never tried any other tyre on it though so can't honestly comment on others

Thanks for the info. I'll start ringing around again for prices.

G'day all,

It's time to replace the tyres on the Camry (02 Sportivo V6 - auto), and I'm bamboozled for choice!

I've been recommended nearly every tyre under the sun, by every tyre saleman in my area, and they all claim the tyre they're selling to be the best! (I know, they're just doing their job).

The car came with (new) Bridgestone Turanza ER300's. I was happy with their performance, but not their longevity -

only managed 25,000 km on the fronts.

My wish list is:

- Similar performance to the ER300's (will sacrifice a little performance for better mileage)

- Quiet

- Better mileage than the ER300's

- Keep same tyre size 205/60/15 if possible (I know this size limits tyre choice)

- Price: $130 - $170 bracket

- The use of the vehicle is basically "mums taxi" (shopping/picking up the kids/running around town etc)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

whatever you do, just dont get er300s again. did u rotate your tyres? 25,000kms on the fronts seem a tad retarded, unless u didnt rotate them which is why.

i can strongly recommend the Toyo Teo plus for everyday and random fling with the car.

or a new one which i have no experience of but have read great durability & wet performance - Toyo Eco Walker

my size is 215/55/16 with the teo plus and its currently at 40000kms - rotated every 7500km approx and i can easily see another 10000-15000, another 20000kms would see it at the thread warning level. approx 60000 is not bad for a heavy donkey, and i turn recklessly - cant hoon though hahaha.

just google it, and a summary of people's experiences have been - for the price, these things outlast the dearer competition, easily.

Not sure how much these cost at your size but look at Dunlop Sp Sport FastResponse.

Funny, A few friends have told me to steer clear of Dunlops all together, but I will also enquire about these too.

Thanks for the info.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

I will have to go down the budget route and go with Federal tyres this time (Formoza FD1's - $126 a piece), because the wife hit a roo last Sunday night in our own suburb! We do live Brisbane metro, and there is bush around but it still sounds/feels surreal! R/H front impact - front bar/headlight/driving light/washer bottle damage. We just had the car serviced last Friday too, so the cost of the service + insurance excess + tyres = well into the red this month. :(

Thanks once again.

G'day andrew357,

I'm 1/2 hr north of the city, near North lakes.

What day are your weekly meets?

Every Thursday @ the Centenary Pool car park in Spring Hill, Gregory Terrace. We meet around 8pm every thursday. Here is a link to the meet page:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27430

I will have to go down the budget route and go with Federal tyres this time (Formoza FD1's - $126 a piece)

Before you do, quickly check the Kuhmo KU31s. They should be a similar price and I've only heard good things about them.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought yokohama's for my 02 sportivo

They seem to be wearing pretty fast, I've only had them a year and done about 10,000 or so on them

The tyres on the car when I bought there were the hankook's and they seemed ok