single din vs double din

im in the market for a new head unit and want to know what to get ive got my eye on a single din and a double din with the exact same features

http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_products_details.jsp?catID=27&prodID=595

and

http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_products_details.jsp?catID=27&prodID=599

price difference is 50 dollars

145 vs 200 on ebay.

Whats your thoughts?

Just bought xr616 today and installed it (dont bother with 416) xr 616 has variable colours and 2 rca preouts (front + rear/subwoofer switchabal with sub control) 416 has only 1 rca preout and no colour change.

Cost me $240 at ryda on parramatta rd. Loving this unit so far, heaps of options to tune, 30 something colours to choose from, lcd screen can be different colour to buttons. Btw, its my first DDIN and loving it so far.

Dont bother with 1 preout, u always want at LEAST 2 to be able to amp the fronts etc and adjust rear subwoofer seperate to speaker bass if you decide to put one in.

Plus DDIN looks better,

It just come down to if you want to spend extra $40 for a dd, or go with the single which is cheaper and also gives you the option of hiding the faceplate when the cars parked.

Just bought xr616 today and installed it (dont bother with 416) xr 616 has variable colours and 2 rca preouts (front + rear/subwoofer switchabal with sub control) 416 has only 1 rca preout and no colour change.

Cost me $240 at ryda on parramatta rd. Loving this unit so far, heaps of options to tune, 30 something colours to choose from, lcd screen can be different colour to buttons. Btw, its my first DDIN and loving it so far.

Dont bother with 1 preout, u always want at LEAST 2 to be able to amp the fronts etc and adjust rear subwoofer seperate to speaker bass if you decide to put one in.

Plus DDIN looks better,

It just come down to if you want to spend extra $40 for a dd, or go with the single which is cheaper and also gives you the option of hiding the faceplate when the cars parked.

thanks for the reply bro, the whole point of new head unit is because im getting a sub. 240?? wow the 416 seems to be 220 with postage! i think ill get the 616 at ryda then!

I was purley stating my love for the JVC range after a bloke got me onto them some years ago. Gone through 4 or 5 of them in my own and other friends and family vehicles also and can only say that they have been the best value for money and none of them have ever had a single issue. Eeonon on the other hand ... well you'd be better off with a pair of tins and some string. Those things are terrible as i experienced first hand trying to let a mate know but he didn't listen.

I was purley stating my love for the JVC range after a bloke got me onto them some years ago. Gone through 4 or 5 of them in my own and other friends and family vehicles also and can only say that they have been the best value for money and none of them have ever had a single issue. Eeonon on the other hand ... well you'd be better off with a pair of tins and some string. Those things are terrible as i experienced first hand trying to let a mate know but he didn't listen.

haha, makes me want the jvc even more now :)

Double Din personal looks more complete. Than said, the single dins are great if you need some storage for a portable music player or wallet. Get a pocket if you go single DIN.

Also, if you need a hand installing it, let me know.

Double Din personal looks more complete. Than said, the single dins are great if you need some storage for a portable music player or wallet. Get a pocket if you go single DIN.

Also, if you need a hand installing it, let me know.

Thanks pete :) im buying a sub and amp off wy :)