Goodbye Aurion...

yoz-r6

So i got sick and tired of going places and looking for someone to put a turbo on the Aurion. I had $10000 to spend, and no-one wanted to touch it because of a few simple reasons..

1. They said one of the biggest issues i'd face was the ECU. I know a mob in Wangara who do the Vipec V88 chip, but this alone costs about $5000 incl tuning.

2. The next problem i would have was the transmission. Basically it is not designed to withstand 350kw or more that i'd maybe get out of the turbo application.

3. The entire internals of the engine would have to be replaced, rods, rings, shafts etc and i was willing to accept it for now, and maybe work my way up and upgrade slowly, hopefully turning this into a little project car.

but the amount of changes i'd be making, it would be crazy, and would cost so much in not only time, but money. i could just see the dollars being poured out of my bank account and a lot of time invested without a vehicle while i worked on the kinks just to get another 300HP or so...maybe???

so instead i opted for this...

2010 FPV F6

img0190il.jpg

now i realise that this is an Aurion forum, and i was very sad to see the old girl go, but she just wasn't fulfilling my speed needs! and i also am aware that there might not be too many Ford fans out there, but once i drove this bad boy, i knew i had to have it! the amazing pull you get from the turbo and in-line 6 is just phenomenal. never before have i experienced something like this before. i honestly can't explain it, but i am really happy with this car. and the $10000 i had to spend, i used to get into this machine.

so it is with great displeasure that i will say goodbye to the Toyota forums for now, you guys have been a lot of help in finding lots of little things, HID's, CAI and the like, to make my ride just that little bit better!

Good luck with all your up and coming mods, i'm sure i'll see some hotted up Aurions out there on the streets of Perth, and i'll nostalgically look back on my time with the Aurion.

Farewell!

Yoz!

Edited by yoz-r6

Congrats on your purchase, nobody can deny the insane and addictive performance of Barra turbo engine especially the FPV variety, it some days saddens me that my BF MK2 LM XR6T was such a dud so i hope for your sake they have sort all the problems out in the new car. Best of luck and enjoy the new ride :)

So i got sick and tired of going places and looking for someone to put a turbo on the Aurion. I had $10000 to spend, and no-one wanted to touch it because of a few simple reasons..

1. They said one of the biggest issues i'd face was the ECU. I know a mob in Wangara who do the Vipec V88 chip, but this alone costs about $5000 incl tuning.

2. The next problem i would have was the transmission. Basically it is not designed to withstand 350kw or more that i'd maybe get out of the turbo application.

3. The entire internals of the engine would have to be replaced, rods, rings, shafts etc and i was willing to accept it for now, and maybe work my way up and upgrade slowly, hopefully turning this into a little project car.

but the amount of changes i'd be making, it would be crazy, and would cost so much in not only time, but money. i could just see the dollars being poured out of my bank account and a lot of time invested without a vehicle while i worked on the kinks just to get another 300HP or so...maybe???

so instead i opted for this...

2010 FPV F6

img0190il.jpg

now i realise that this is an Aurion forum, and i was very sad to see the old girl go, but she just wasn't fulfilling my speed needs! and i also am aware that there might not be too many Ford fans out there, but once i drove this bad boy, i knew i had to have it! the amazing pull you get from the turbo and in-line 6 is just phenomenal. never before have i experienced something like this before. i honestly can't explain it, but i am really happy with this car. and the $10000 i had to spend, i used to get into this machine.

so it is with great displeasure that i will say goodbye to the Toyota forums for now, you guys have been a lot of help in finding lots of little things, HID's, CAI and the like, to make my ride just that little bit better!

Good luck with all your up and coming mods, i'm sure i'll see some hotted up Aurions out there on the streets of Perth, and i'll nostalgically look back on my time with the Aurion.

Farewell!

Yoz!

wait where the hell did you get a F6 for like 40ish grand?!?

haha, its not what you know...

but the guys at Lane Ford were very helpful, this one wasn't 40ish grand, it was closer to 60, but i had extra savings that got the repayments down, so i was happy!!

Sad news :( ...anyway congrats on the new ride Yoz,this should satisfy your speed lust.

and yeah they do pull hard,my mates got a FPV F6 and it freakin scares me at times.

Cheers

Lee

congrats man... i know exactly where you are coming from though as i just made the same move myself... :D

except i couldnt justify the extra 20k on top of the xr6t for the f6... so i just went with the xr6t and decided to spend the extra 20k on mods over the next couple of years... :D hehe

the new fords are awesome... personally, i wouldnt have touched the ba-bf models... but the fgs seem to be really good... :)