New Car Smell

Ronnyboy

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know of an air freshner or chemical that will give the car the "New Car Smell"?

At the moment i am using whatever the carwash sprays which lasts about 3 days.

feel free to recommend a fresher aswell :)

Try the Ambi Pur auto range,available everywhere...they last about 3 weeks set on low.

i think they have New Car Scent flavour,but my fav is Pacific,mmmmm smells good. :D

I asked the guy at the Toyota Dealer last time i bought a car off them and the guy couldnt help me.

I bought a used car but it has a similar new car smell when they detail it ready for delivery. I guess the best people to answer this question would be detailers.

Most of the after market air freshners for the cars are either this or that (too strong,musky or too girly) but never the right blend.huh.gif .

I did purchase a "new car scent" from Chemical guys in Mount Eliza but that gave the car those new holden with leather smell which gave me a headache (Must have sprayed too much)

I fixed my "new car smell" problem by leaving the windows and boot open for days in the sun. To make it worse the previous users were smokers so i also had to get rid of that smell as well. A good bottle of Glen20 at night and fresh air flow during the day fixed my problem.

Edited by Hamster

I fixed my "new car smell" problem by leaving the windows and boot open for days in the sun. To make it worse the previous users were smokers so i also had to get rid of that smell as well. A good bottle of Glen20 at night and fresh air flow during the day fixed my problem.

No 'Hamster' , in this post we are trying to get the new car smell back , not get rid of it.. wink.gif

No 'Hamster' , in this post we are trying to get the new car smell back , not get rid of it.. wink.gif

Opps guess i didn't read the thread properly :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:. I don't know how to get the "new car smell" but i notice it came from some sort of powder that was around my car when i picked up that car. The car dealer will definitely know where to get this stuff cus they are the ones that put it in the car in the first place.

Through the Valvoline range of Eagle one car care products they have a vent scent called "new car smell" i actually have it in my car, smell quite alright not to over powering.

Through the Valvoline range of Eagle one car care products they have a vent scent called "new car smell" i actually have it in my car, smell quite alright not to over powering.

what sort of price range is it around and what szie does it come in ?

Well I got the new car smell back in my last Aurion buy using silicone and various other cleaning chemicals :lol: Made it feel like new again.

But if you want to keep it safe and not resort to harmful chemicals to get that true smell back, there is one thing I have bought in the past that came reasonably close. It's from a place called 'Demeter Fragrance Library'. I bought one from them called 'Vinyl' and it had a similar smell to it like a new car. They also used to have a fragrance called 'New Money' which others had said worked pretty well for a new car smell, but I never bought it. Only tried the Vinyl (amongst other ones just for fun like 'Thunderstorm' and 'Laundromat').

On a side note, they have a pretty cool library there. Certainly get a few if you are going to buy some.

Edit: By the way, if you want to know what chemicals can be used (not saying to do this) to get the true new car smell, check a look at this old analysis: http://www.sisweb.com/referenc/applnote/app-36-a.htm

what sort of price range is it around and what szie does it come in ?

lol well i think i paid about a whopping $3.50! And it’s just slightly diamond shaped cartridge that ergonomically slips on your vents :)

I'll try the Valvoline Eagle one car care range first and see how that goes,

After that i might also try from the 'Demeter Fragrance Library'. Postage to Aust it about $40 so i might as well order a few :)

After that i might also try from the 'Demeter Fragrance Library'. Postage to Aust it about $40 so i might as well order a few :)

I'd recommend Demeter even if you aren't after something for the new car smell. Depends on what you like though. I like sweet scents and they have quite a few that fit the bill. Vanilla Cake Batter is a good one :lol:. They make nice interesting gifts as well.

Only thing is that they don't particularly last very long (the body sprays). It's either that or your nose can adjust to it and neutralise the effect. If you get the room spray though, they do last a little longer but depending on your nose, expect to be using a spray of it every few days or so if you want the effect to really last.