Parts for my car

I've already got the following performance parts

AEM CAI $395 shipped from US to my door step

TRD Extractors approx $1150 from Sportiv

CES exhaust - stainless steel one - $1200 including shipping to SA

Unichip from Lucio_Libre for $365

these parts are still brand new and in box. man

****..i never thought that i would spend this much money on a car.

the question is

do i NEED the Clutch & lightened flywheel to pull out the car its maximum potential? :huh::blink::huh::blink:

anything else to make this car go faster.

I don't mind spending another 2 grand on this parts if u, guys, think they're essential.

Thank you for every comment post here. If you could try to simplify your explaination (not much of the technical terminology, that'd be good).

Cheers :)

Hi Doctony,

Getting the flywheel and clutch would be a really good idea as the standard flywheel is a heavy b'stard and the standard clutch i wasnt to impressed by its quality to be able to handle the pressure of the way i wanted to drive the car so i went the TOMS flywheel and TRD clutch combo.... and i have been really pleased with it. Other members have gotten excedy clutchs or fidenza or trd flywheels but i guess each to their own. The only thing to keep in mind is the toms flywheel cause for a mechanical noise to sound when u start the car... apparently this doesnt occur with the fidenza flywheel though....

The one concern that i have with bolting all these parts on is ur handling and traction.... The standard 16's are not going to be sufficient enough to handle all that power and u will find it really hard to get all that power to the ground and going through corners i think u will simply light them up coming out the other end.... I dont know if ur looking to do track work or not but as i was not i simply went with a set of springs, kept the standard shocks, put a front strut brace on and have now got a set of rims.

Also just to let u know u should not install the unichip until u have finished installing all performance parts so when the tuner tunes it ... it will be to the parts u have on the car..... So if ur gonna get the flywheel wait till after u put that on before putting the unichip on ..... My thoughts anyway

cheers

Bill

Thanks Danz and Bill

i haven't got nyp lan for any kidn of track work for now. currently i'm using it to drive to work only. anyhow, i think track work might be sometihng i want to do in the future.

do i need to change the wheels to something like 17' as well? srious money again, man. i should have spent my saving on my ome loan now..what the hec i'm doing with the car!!!! :lol::lol:

i want my car to look as stock as possible and then wait for other people who may think that they can beat my stivo easily, thne u know what happen.

another question

sorry for posting such a stupid question but i have very little idea on how many of these parts work

any gain if i get the new spark plug?????

what do u say Danz :huh::huh:

cheers

the sportivo spark plugs is iridium already i think. Don't worry about it. Tyres and wheels are always good to buy. If you just want it for street with decent drop, i guess $2000 u can get tyres, low springs and wheels.

Or maybe u just use the amount of cash u got now to fit all that man. Its going to cost a bit eh :D

Edited by Danz

another question

sorry for posting such a stupid question but i have very little idea on how many of these parts work

any gain if i get the new spark plug?????

what do u say Danz :huh:  :huh:

cheers

I'm not DANZ, but I still wanna answer this, CAN I?? :o :blink:

New sparks like silver or iridium, they would give you better ignition and engine response. If you get new sparks with sparks leads, of coz they will do the work but I'm not sure they will give you much noticable power gain as much the CAI and CES.

Yeah, as XOOM said, clutch and flywheel are something to look into. But I guess, for the moment suspension upgrade is more important.

Just my 1 cents :P :)

2000 gets u nothing to rice up the car these days man :(

RICE MODS MUST HAVE:

Slam bodykit

super gloss paint

minimum 19' rims in super chrome

AIr ride

Leather seat

Brighter than bright HID

8 neons underneath car

8 neons inside car

Maybe some tiger skin pattern head rest

Edited by Danz

you do not need to upgrade the wheel size, better rubber is the thing to get if you have traction problems.

I would recommend getting at the very least a wider 16 inch rim so u can get better performing rubber.... going to atleast 16x6.5+ will give u a wider range of rubbers which will comfortably fit on that size rim.... My thoughts of fitting tyre's larger than the current size on the standard rim has been expressed previously in another topic....

well, don't hope for Kw gains from spark plugs, however, yeah the iridium that i have made it repond better.

I thought sportivo have iridiums as standards.

Yes the sportivo does have iridium spark plugs as standard so i wouldnt bother changing these ...

You won't need the clutch and flywheel to maximize the full potential of your mods. The stock clutch and flywheel is capable unless you have a few kms on it already.

This is only my opinion on how i would mod my Sportivo to get maximum FUN and BANG FOR YOUR BUCKS ;)

1) Suspension (Coilovers if you can afford) if not go with

-Springs and Shocks combo

-Swaybars front and rear

-Strutbars

-Camber/Castor adjustment

-Polyurethane bushes

2) Better tyres, go for 205 (6.5inch) width at least.

3) Apexi PowerFC

4) A set of close-ratio gears (1st to 3rd gear)

5) Full exhaust & CAI

6) Lightweight flywheel (TOMs flywheel rock!) and HD clutch kit

7) Slotted brake rotors and better pads

8) Good quality fluids for the car and regular servicing :D

Then you will have a sleeper of a Corolla Sportivo that will win most street drags and attack tracks with great results! Bt note that modifying a car is a very expensive venture and don't expect big gains with bolt-on mods on NA cars.

If that is not enough mumbo for you and you want to spend more money and remain NA, look into some serious engine internal components from Japan, or find a reputable workshop and Turbo/Supercharge the sucker :rolleyes:

Just my $0.16cents worth..

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

3) Apexi PowerFC

Hey Z,

do u know something we dont as the apexi would probably work on our stivo but there to date has not been 100% proof that it will wire in unless of course u have found a way to wire it in successfully and havent shared with the rest of us :P :P :P :P :P

Definetly get the clutch, the flywheel, i wouldnt bother, just get yours machined when they install the clutch. Don't forget STICKERS man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

interesting comment, man. why clutch but not flywheel?????? any comment??

If i had 2k, i reckon i'll rice up my car abit more. CAUSE YOU WANT CHICKS LOOKING AT IT

agree, man , but my wife will definitely kill me if she knows my real intention!!!! :lol:

Edited by Doctony

3) Apexi PowerFC

Hey Z,

do u know something we dont as the apexi would probably work on our stivo but there to date has not been 100% proof that it will wire in unless of course u have found a way to wire it in successfully and havent shared with the rest of us :P :P :P :P :P

:P :P :P

3) Apexi PowerFC

Hey Z,

:P :P :P

Dont worry Z i have found what the secret is

Note: this unit can be used on other 2zz powered vehicles but you'll have to splice the ECU connectors from a 2000-2002 Celica to your harness. We do not provide tinstructions/support for this operation. The unit will not work on the 2003+ Celica without retrofit of the cable throttle body. Does not work on auto trans vehicles.