tyre noise on Aurion ATX

dennis r.

I purchased an Aurion ATX with standard steel rims 215/60/r16 which had travelled 27,000 kms. It had the original tyres and recently at 54,000 i needed to get new tyres. The old tyres which were Dunlop Sports fitted by Toyota were always very noisy. I live in Newcastle frequently drive to Port Macquarie and Southern Sydney so most my driving is on the expressway at 110 kph. Often I drive over bridges with varying road materials and the noises from the tyres becomes annoying with different batches of concrete. I researched a better tyre and fitted Michelin Primacy LC. Immediately these are so quite in comparison with the Dunlop Sports. Even course bitumen that most of our local councils provide are much quiter. The grip in the wet is also excellent. I purchased these From Tyre Plus at Kirrawee at $148 each(quoted $180 in Newcastle). I can honestly say these are the quietest tyres I have ever driven on.

Yeah, the plastic used on the Dunlops are very hard plastic. My car is on 65500K now and the tyres are still going strong. I just can't wait until they wear out enough for me to have a reason to go buy tyres which are more quiet.

I have an Aurion AT-X fitted with alloy wheels i have just fitted a set of bridgestone RE 001 215 60/16 adrenalin they are excellent in both wet and dry conditions and came at a very reasonable price $129 each fitted and balanced plus we get a $60 visa card to spend best set of tyres i've ever bought

Yeah, the plastic used on the Dunlops are very hard plastic.

Rubber mate... rubber :lol:

Edit: Why are your plastic things red?

... apparently UR don't send the brackets anymore because the new plastic pieces have been redesigned to fit with the cars original brackets

Yeah, the plastic used on the Dunlops are very hard plastic.

Rubber mate... rubber :lol:

Edit: Why are your plastic things red?

... apparently UR don't send the brackets anymore because the new plastic pieces have been redesigned to fit with the cars original brackets

LOL. Thanks for that man. I was thinking to myself plastic does not sound right :lol:

edit: Not to mention I'm tired as anything. Woke up at 6am this morning to do a four hour exam but still had energy to clean the car lol:P

Edited by unique

dennis r.,you've switched over to the michelins which some people said is a good tyre choice to make regarding road noice and durablity. i should consider what you said and buy a set of them when my current set gets worn out. overall, good choice you've made there.

dennis r.,you've switched over to the michelins which some people said is a good tyre choice to make regarding road noice and durablity. i should consider what you said and buy a set of them when my current set gets worn out. overall, good choice you've made there.

I know always when you buy something with a certain advantage(tyre quietness) that you inherir a disadvantage. I intend to minitor the tread depth and report back to this post. Buy the way I am running these at 36 lb sq inch tyre pressure otherwise i ma told by the tyre dealer the edges will deteriorate.

dennisr