EBAY Trd charger for sale

seems to have a fair bit of the intake manifold attached there. Aside from a pulley, belt and ECU what else is needed?

Injectors, the bracket that is at the end of the snout (but would be easy to get made), and a modified VVT-i oil line. Apart from that, you would pretty much be set. You can probably save money by getting an aftermarket ECU and will probably get more out of it at the same time so it would seem like a win.

seems to have a fair bit of the intake manifold attached there. Aside from a pulley, belt and ECU what else is needed?

Injectors, the bracket that is at the end of the snout (but would be easy to get made), and a modified VVT-i oil line. Apart from that, you would pretty much be set. You can probably save money by getting an aftermarket ECU and will probably get more out of it at the same time so it would seem like a win.

Injectors - Pretty cheap, few hundred tops

Bracket - Couldn't be too much, even going custom

Modified VVT-i Oil line - dirt cheap, just a pain in the **** to change

Aftermarket ECU + Tune - About 2g or so?

Either way it looks like you could get TRD (or slightly better) power for less than 4g. Not bad at all for roughly an extra 50kw and bucketloads of torque.

Considering the S/C alone is about $4,800 from Toyota brand new and the ECU is around the $3,000 mark, if you picked this S/C up for a good price, it would be a cost efficient upgrade to get a little more fun out of your Aurion.

if you have an NA aurion, then it beats me why you'd go for the trd charger when for the same kinda money you could do a turbo setup... :huh:

this.

Put it this way. No one has really done sh** to a N/A Aurion in terms of boosting it. How many fu**en times have I heard people saying "a custom turbo would be so much cheaper" etc etc. If it's cheaper/more cost efficient, then why the f*** haven't we seen anyone do it yet? There is always so much talk, but never any action.

Someone may see this $1000 charger as a safer alternative to boosting their Aurion because once they add whatever extras, they can be more sure that it will work without fail. In addition to that, at least with the charger like this one being offered, it's one step closer to the end result of a boosted Aurion. Each to their own, but cost efficient or not, I don't imagine a turbo Aurion happening any time soon.

if you have an NA aurion, then it beats me why you'd go for the trd charger when for the same kinda money you could do a turbo setup... :huh:

this.

Put it this way. No one has really done sh** to a N/A Aurion in terms of boosting it. How many fu**en times have I heard people saying "a custom turbo would be so much cheaper" etc etc. If it's cheaper/more cost efficient, then why the f*** haven't we seen anyone do it yet? There is always so much talk, but never any action.

Someone may see this $1000 charger as a safer alternative to boosting their Aurion because once they add whatever extras, they can be more sure that it will work without fail. In addition to that, at least with the charger like this one being offered, it's one step closer to the end result of a boosted Aurion. Each to their own, but cost efficient or not, I don't imagine a turbo Aurion happening any time soon.

You make a fair point, but with that said, how many people have done the TRD charger conversion too? None (correct me if i'm wrong here)

It's possibly because those who purchase the aurion aren't necessarily inclined to modify their cars heavily?

You make a fair point, but with that said, how many people have done the TRD charger conversion too? None (correct me if i'm wrong here)

It's possibly because those who purchase the aurion aren't necessarily inclined to modify their cars heavily?

Fair call as well. But that's where this thread comes into play.

How many times have you seen a TRD Aurion TVS for sale externally from Toyota? There was that one time on eBay a couple of years back for $1800, then there was Matt's friend in Brisbane (who would have been looking for more than $2k), and now there is this one for $1000. So when you consider that new from Toyota you would be looking at $4800+ for the charger only, maybe this is why you don't see the TRD charger conversions happening.

At $4800 for the charger alone, this is definitely where you would say it's cheaper to turbo. But then for the level of custom work required with no prior knowledge on doing it to this engine, this is where people will most likely draw the line. Then with realistically only one opportunity in the past to obtain the charger for cheap, then this is why no one has done it yet. And that charger was never fitted because of the additional costs I would be guessing.

from looking at turbo charging other NA cars in the past and doing up a comprehensive budget, you'd be looking at the same kinda coin as doing this supercharger...

the only benefit i can see over doing the TRD charger instead of a turbo is if the person doing it wanted a setup similar setup as a 'factory' trd...

which brings us back to the age old comment of "just sell the NA aurion and buy a TRD"...

turbo charging an aurion would let you get SOOOOOO much more power than the supercharger option..

either way, i wouldnt do it... just buy a XR6T... :P HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

I'd rather we didn't go into the turbo vs supercharger debate - all such debates just end in chest thumping and sore arseholes.

Looks like nobody bid on it in the end. Someone should jump in and make an offer. If I had the money I would without hesitation (except, NSW is a long way on a pushie)