Flat Spot.

MG70

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? By flat spot I mean when I put my foot down the Aurion takes about 1 second to shift. Is it something that is normal or should I get it looked at? Is it an easy fix or is it going to cost a fortune?

To expand on that a little: This delay is typical of the Aurion v6 (and most on the market) automatic transmissions. It's that moment when the ECU tries to guess what it is you want to happen, and putting it into effect.

Some sequential boxes effectively get rid of this by letting you select the gear, and even though the Aurion has a "sports" mode, it's not truly a sequential so you will always get that delay.

I know some older electronic boxes could have a "shift-kit" installed, or simply be tuned to have a higher oil pressure - both effectively resulted in firmer, quicker gear changes. However to my knowledge nothing is available for the Aurion yet.

To expand on that a little: This delay is typical of the Aurion v6 (and most on the market) automatic transmissions. It's that moment when the ECU tries to guess what it is you want to happen, and putting it into effect.

Some sequential boxes effectively get rid of this by letting you select the gear, and even though the Aurion has a "sports" mode, it's not truly a sequential so you will always get that delay.

I know some older electronic boxes could have a "shift-kit" installed, or simply be tuned to have a higher oil pressure - both effectively resulted in firmer, quicker gear changes. However to my knowledge nothing is available for the Aurion yet.

Bummer, oh well I suppose I'll just have to live with it.

The change-down lag was the biggest bug-bear I had when I climbed into our new ZR6, it felt like you just sat there motionless forever whilst it decided just how far down to engage the cogs.

It's taken three months to adjust my driving style now to cope with it (or avoid it). Your going to have to pre-empt the gear change-down and manually knock it down cogs to avoid the delay. I've also found that you can bias the accelerator just before you need to change down, which seems to let the ECU know in advance what your about to do, seems to cut the delay down by 50% or so imho.

Steve

Definitely is annoying... how great would an ECU flash fix be! :rolleyes:

Not really ECU flash but a new transmission computer which was put onto mine thanks to warranty after I complained about lagging gear changes(which is a different problem from the OP's) but the NEW transmission computer has definitely reduced kick down and as the op calls it, flat spot.

That is one of the first major things I noticed when I got my car back.

Edited by unique