New ZRE owner

arc

HI Fellas

Just put a deposit down on a 2010 Levin SX with 17" Kappa wheels in the tungsten colour. Will hopefully be receiving on Tues or Wed and then ill most likly be off to pedders to sort out some lowering. I have a Aurion sportivo lowered on pedders sports rider and they good spring nice and even balance and am just wondering how you guys if any have the pedders sports riders installed on the corollas and how the gap is and if its even. Cant stand king springs they never seem to get it right allways get the front lower. Also anyone know the price of pedders coilovers might just bite bullet n do that but this is my daily driver so dont want to put to much mods into it.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on the buy. If you want the cheaper alternative then springs is the way to go, im not sure about how level and low pedders springs sit. But the best i've seen is Lovells Springs Lows. Front and rear are very close to being even. But if you want to be level and even, coilovers is the only way to go.

Thanks for reply guys was hoping the coilovers would be a little cheaper. Will go in next week when i get the car for qoute. Any ideas where you buy the Lovells Springs Lows from. Also if anyone is interested im going down to toyota parts during week to see how much there trd springs shocks are so ill post the price up so the FAQ thread can be updated.

im thinking about getting lovells springs also. Just check on their website and hope that they have a distributor near by your place. I was quoted 165 each pair + 10% GST + Postage costs to my door from their office in sydney. I called up a distributor 15 minutes away and they quoted me 135 for any pair, lows and superlows. So i will most likely be getting low fronts and superlow rears to be a bit more level :D

im thinking about getting lovells springs also. Just check on their website and hope that they have a distributor near by your place. I was quoted 165 each pair + 10% GST + Postage costs to my door from their office in sydney. I called up a distributor 15 minutes away and they quoted me 135 for any pair, lows and superlows. So i will most likely be getting low fronts and superlow rears to be a bit more level :D

good choice of springs pezzie wont dissapoint you !

Where are you located mate? can you post some pics up in this thread when you get them installed.

Im located in melbourne.

yeah no problems but it might not be anytime soon. I will be purchasing my spoiler and springs most likely this week and store the springs until i order a rear sway bar and front strut and get them all installed in one go. If not i might not install them until the end of year. Check out kevo's car and flipsta's, they both had/have lovells on their zre's

HI Fellas

Just put a deposit down on a 2010 Levin SX with 17" Kappa wheels in the tungsten colour. Will hopefully be receiving on Tues or Wed and then ill most likly be off to pedders to sort out some lowering. I have a Aurion sportivo lowered on pedders sports rider and they good spring nice and even balance and am just wondering how you guys if any have the pedders sports riders installed on the corollas and how the gap is and if its even. Cant stand king springs they never seem to get it right allways get the front lower. Also anyone know the price of pedders coilovers might just bite bullet n do that but this is my daily driver so dont want to put to much mods into it.

Thanks in advance.

I have peddars installed on zre 154, as below. Price is 2k mark include installation and wheel alignment.

Don't put it too low as it really scratches a lot, I put it too low before and cannot even do normal driving, The picture below is my recommended height. it only scatches once some hump in westfield shopping centre, but so far so good..really have to watch out all the times.

I have adjusted the stiffness to 0 at the back and 10 at front..

Setting 5 or even 10 at the back suspension will make your rear passenger sick, I have a passenger who wants to throw out after my slow ride (long straight, 60km/h in a rather bumpy concrete road in strathfield). I want to vomit as well (as a driver). Setting the suspension too hard is also bad in braking, coze when you are braking, and you hit a pop hole, it is so bumpy and your leg will leave the brake paddle for a while.. Also your bump is quite painful as well

Handling is a lot better.. I don't like the original toyota suspension as the car is not that stable when the speed is above 100km/h in highway.

47858_10150272368685697_634740696_14302067_3135539_n.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

After doing some research today

TRD Springs are $752 for set of 4

TRD Struts are $1103 for set of 4

Lovells Springs Lows are $163 for pair so $326 for set

Pedders springs are $130 each so $520 for set

Had a quick look at kevo and flipsta's rides on the Lovells and they seem like a decent drop and look level so at this stage i am probably leaning towards the Lovells.