Exhaust upgrade 2005 v6 altise ?

topari

What are you after? Noise only? Performance upgrade? Budget? You could go the whole hog and fit a completly new system with Extractors all the way back to a high flow muffer(s) etc it all pends on what money your laying out , you could just go a cat back for some noise which will be far cheaper.

What are you after? Noise only? Performance upgrade? Budget? You could go the whole hog and fit a completly new system with Extractors all the way back to a high flow muffer(s) etc it all pends on what money your laying out , you could just go a cat back for some noise which will be far cheaper.

Improve fuel economy would be nice, but better mid-range response. Depends what's around and how much systems cost.

I would reccomend visitng some exhaust workshops in your area and ask for a price on some different systems and explain what your after in terms of noise , peroformance etc , set a budget and see who can give you the best price for what you want!

They most probably wont have anything for a camry, it will have to be custom as the market for camrys unforunatley isnt that big in Aus. I remember when I was considering getting my exhaust done the guy was a complete idiot and didnt want to give me a price, he just refused to do the job for me. Which kinda turned me off doing it.

I you have the money then I would suggest you speak to Andrew as he has an awsome setup on his Gen 5

What options are available to upgrade the exhaust system on a 2005 model v6 altise ?

Firstly, whereabouts are you situated?

In terms of bolt on, not much. Most catback systems will be made to order (will be cheap though) and you can choose which muffler and hi-flow cat (not necessary) you want. Expect to pay around $300 for a 2.25" Catback setup, installed.

There are no headers in Australia that are made specifically for the 1mz-fe in the Gen5 AU Camry. However, there are a couple of companies in the US that made headers for the 1mz-fe but by the time you factor in shipping it isn't worth it (especially given it may not fit your car).

I have a mild steel, equal length, custom made header setup on my Gen5 camry with a 2.25" Catback + Lukey Turbo Muffler. It was expensive but well worth it in terms of power output and economy. All work was done by CES Racing (www.cesracing.com.au) who are well known for their workmanship and their great results.

Approximate costs (2007 prices):

- Headers $2200 (+$400 for ceramic coating, +$1000 for stainless)

- Catback $400 (+$120 for magnaflow Hi-flow cat)

- Cold Air Induction $400

Things to note:

In hindsight, I should have paid for ceramic coating as there is alot of heat in my engine bay, especially with the supercharger fitted. But I initially purchased the headers for economy reasons (Economy went from 14.5-15L/100 to 12.7-13.2L/100). I will probably get the headers removed eventually, have them blasted then re-coated in ceramic.

Max kW gain was ~9kw ATW (in the useful part of my power curve) but my max power output only increased by ~6-7kW ATW.

The exhaust note is fantastic, especially @ WOT and there is little to no droning in my setup.

Catback setup is from the catalytic converter to the muffler tip, commonly referred to as 'catback'.

It includes the: Catalytic converter, resonator, muffler and muffler tip (plus all the piping in between).

I know there is a set of XERD long tube headers for sale somewhere. These are the best headers you can get for the 1MZ. I would have got them except shipping on these from the states would be mindbogglingly stupid.

post-1929-128558354298_thumb.png