NEW STEREO SYSTEM INSTALLED!

Hey guys i got a whole system installed except for some reason i can hear a histing sound ... even when i accelerate it makes it but it goes louder anyone know wat this can be an how i can fix it?? <_<

Hey guys i got a whole system installed except for some reason i can hear a histing sound ... even when i accelerate it makes it but it goes louder anyone know wat this can be an how i can fix it??  <_<

omg i know all about this

after days of trying to source the problem, i couldn't! I ended up stripping ALL WIRING and starting again, and it fixed it

i had a feeling it's a grounding problem, but not 100% sure

the noise comes from your alternator btw

that noise is called ignition noise and is either from a bad ground or from your rca's being too close to your power cable...

you have to make sure that the power cable is down one side of the car, and the rca's down the other...

if they cant fix it, ask them to put a noise suppresser in, and they should do it for free too ;)

yeah i just got my system installed and i have the alternator whine... i ran the RCAs down the right and the power line down the left, but i mounted my amp so the lines had to cross... i unbolted my amp and flipped it over and plugged all the wires in and i STILL had the whining... so i dunno what to do... its only very quiet so i might get a noise suppressor...

the point of this post was to ask - where have you all grounded your amps? if you have them in the boot that is...

i unscrewed my thing that you tie your load down to and put my ground on that screw... previously i had it on the bolt holding that storage compartment next to the spare wheel... in both cases i had the whining -any other suggestions?

Engine whinning sound is a problem. Grounding and wiring position is where I would look at first thing first. I installed my own audio and I make sure that my RCA do not meet the power cables at all. avoid at all cost. Choose where you place your amplifier carefully and take into mind about wiring.

My amplifier is placed underneath front passenger seat. Ground, power and speaker cables are on the left side and rca on the right side. This makes things simple and easy. The power cable would go directly to the battery which is on the left side of the car, and rca goes into the centre console area all the way to the head unit.

Hissing sound is mainly due to too much gain. A simple way is to pause your cd, set your volume 3/4 max or even maximum, and begin to increase your gain level to the point where you begin to hear the hissing sound, this is called clipping i think. Now reduce your gain slowly until you cannot hear the hissing sound. You probably ended up with minimum gain increase, but remember that gain increase is not about making your audio louder.

Grounding point is very important, and remember, you have to have a good ground so current going back to the negative terminal is as fast as the power drawn by your amplifier. You should always ground it on the main chassis, scrub the paint off making sure its pure metal surface.

What I did to my ground, is something that perhaps most do not do with their audio system. Take note, that wherever you place your ground, even if it is the main chassis, you will face resistance. What you want to do is to reduce as much as resistance as possible. Here's what I did, perhaps 1ZZ-FE, TRD141 and Stockvvti can help out to explain it to you guys

From my ground point, where the amp is grounded, I hooked another ground cable together with the ground cable from the amplifier, and connect that second ground cable to the negative terminal.

post-61-1120798995_thumb.jpg

post-61-1120799027_thumb.jpg

Why dont u just plug in a engine noise filter? just need to buy another set of Rca's .. plug the Rcas running from the headunit into the filter.. from the filter the new Rcas output into the amp. done! cost is around 30-40bucks

Because that's not the real way of doing it :) This is not just to reduce noise, but to allow complete circuit of current at its most efficient way. Its like going to city by freeway, but going home from city through small road. What you want, is to have ground as quick as taking power in. Remember that chassis have resistance even if u did ground it at the main chassis. So this is what I think is the best way to do grounding, to make sure the power you need is always available and not forcing the battery.

Ever since I did this method, I have no crazy dimmings. It dims by a tiny bit at full maximum volume, and u have to squint hard to notice it, and that's from the clock only. No dims from headlight or interior lights. This is with standard battery by the way and I am running 800W amp, so that's like 400rms?

Of course, you will need the correct size of cables based on the maximum power and the distance between your battery to your amp. I uses 4awg for power and ground.

I am not here to brag about my knowledge, but I thought this is a very useful information for members who seek a proper audio set up. 1ZZ-FE, ADR_Rolla, TRD_141 and Stockvvti has seen the set up themselves and have a good hear of the audio.