Stay with the Prodigy or go for a ZR6

julian040859

If it's going to cost you thousands I would probably not bother. But if you're trading your 4 year old car in on a new one or something then perhaps its feesible. Depends on the circumstances of it all really.

The suspension and handling in my opinion is not massively different!

The ZR6 is a prodigy with a sport kit on it. Slightly stiffer suspension, body kit with spoiler and larger rims. Minimal difference in the interior.

I thought all Aurion models had the same size sway bars on them. Might be wrong though.

Sportivo's have slightly lower springs/shocks that are harder in compression/rebound and have the same size sway bars but the Sportivo's have stronger solid bars. But th Sportivo's chassis is quite heavily braced, tower/cowl brace rear suspension braces and braces to the rear of the chassis and somewhere behind the seats too. All in all the Sportivo is a fair bit less floaty and is more solid on the road. The Interior is a bit different too. nicer more supportive seats, better steering wheel, a few more features plus has Smart start/entry. If you can afford to make the jump then go for it but no use in stretching yourself just for the sake of it. But to answer your question no in isolation just changes to Sportivo’s bars won’t change it into a Sportivo because as mentioned before the suspension is different and has a sharper stiffer stronger chassis, but if you can’t drop the coin on a ZR6 then maybe consider some of Ultra Racings products? These have being fitted from AT-X through to Sportivo and TRD and we all think there a bit of alright. Something to think about anyway :)

If what you're looking for is just the handling, thousands of dollars isn't worth it. Look at ways to improve like Ultra Racing bars.

If what you're looking for is smart key, body kits, and others that prodigy doesn't have, then it doesn't hurt to upgrade.

I have been thinking for some time of changing from my Prodigy to a ZR6. Has anyone tried both? If so let me know how much better is the handling of the ZR6? Could I get the same feel by putting ZR6 sway bars on my Prodigy ?

I had an '07 Prodigy which was a nice car, but I always really wanted a ZR6. I sold the Prodigy with 17000 k's on it for $30000 and bought a new upgrade model ZR6. The is a difference in ride ...I'd say supple but firmer than the Prodigy due to the Sportivo suspension setup. The ZR6 has more standard equipment and gadgets and with 8000 k's on the odo its becoming more economical even when travelling at 130 kph or faster. (the NT has a 130 kph speed). I prefer the ZR6 to the Prodigy on the highway...its quieter and handles better and seems quicker. The dealer told me the engine mapping is supposed to be the same but a couple of trial runs in demo models saw the ZR6 beat an ATX each time. Any one care to comment on this?

The dealer told me the engine mapping is supposed to be the same but a couple of trial runs in demo models saw the ZR6 beat an ATX each time. Any one care to comment on this?

I feel that what you said has something to do with the difference in aerodynamics. You see, the sportivo has a more sportier and aerodynamic body compared to the AT-X, and i think that that's the reason why the sportivo is quicker than the AT-X.

The dealer told me the engine mapping is supposed to be the same but a couple of trial runs in demo models saw the ZR6 beat an ATX each time. Any one care to comment on this?

I feel that what you said has something to do with the difference in aerodynamics. You see, the sportivo has a more sportier and aerodynamic body compared to the AT-X, and i think that that's the reason why the sportivo is quicker than the AT-X.

I had a look at youtube clips of AT-X and Sportivo accelerating and i found them to have the same 0-100 and 0-200. :g: