Eclipse AVN726EA revering camera

HK1837

Hi all

As the AVN726EA is common in Toyotas I thought i'd ask this here.

I just put an AVN726EA into my 2010 SR5 Hilux. Works great.

Now I want to put one in my V2 CV8 (Monaro). However I don't want the Eclipse reversing camera.

I have found a really good camera that mounts off the number plate but it uses a BNC connector.

Does anyone know of an adapter to change from the AVN726EA input plug to a standard BNC cable and power supply cable?

Yes it can be done but you will most likely need to make that adaptor lead yourself. Where are you located?

Yes it can be done but you will most likely need to make that adaptor lead yourself. Where are you located?

Newcastle area. I can make one (i'm an electrician and electrical engineer) but I don't have the plug for the camera input to the head unit.

Newcastle area. I can make one (i'm an electrician and electrical engineer) but I don't have the plug for the camera input to the head unit.

You will need to hit up your car audio shops and see if they will give you a plug. There are 4 wires in that plug: 5v, 12v, video, earth. Whats wrong with the eclipse camera good qaulity plugs straight in?

You will need to hit up your car audio shops and see if they will give you a plug. There are 4 wires in that plug: 5v, 12v, video, earth. Whats wrong with the eclipse camera good qaulity plugs straight in?

Nothing, works fine on the Hilux. Just will look ugly as on the Monaro. I've found a place in the USA that sells a genuine Eclipse adapter, just waiting to see if they'll post it over here.