mobile speed camera on multiple lane fwy

just wondering if anyone knows how the multanova works on a multilane fwy.

last night i got flashed on the kwinana fwy near the mill point rd exit but i was at the speed limit of 80kph. there were two other cars on the right lanes and i was in the left lane closest to the camera so maybe the camera saw those cars were speeding but by the time it flashed my car was blocking the view of those cars... i just hope the camera is smart enough to know i wasn't speeding like maybe it had a 3D view of things. otherwise the police wouldnt put it on a 4 lane fwy right? :unsure:

thats assuming i wasn't speeding which im sure (on cruise control, oem tyres). will have to see if i get the letter in the mail.

In sydney, the cameras just flash sometimes at random. I was with a friend going around 50s at 60 zone, then a flash suddenly came out of nowhere.

Dw, if you weren't speeding, it wouldn't come up at your mailbox.

yeah i agree with vfx..

once i got flashed on ballarat road/duke st braybrook. i was on the inner lane and the other corolla was on the outer lane, we were both doing 60 but i made it through the lights but he didn't, maybe 1/2 second. made me feel uneasy for 2 weeks but up to this day the infringement never came

thanks guys. my friends brother who is a police officer said the camera can't differentiate the speed of multiple cars so if there are other cars in the picture it will be ignored. hopefully thats the case for me.

Most stationary multi-lane cameras have individual lane zones and can differentiate. Mobile ones i wouldnt think so unless the operator sets these every move, which, i dont think they would. You can always contest the fine if worst comes to worst.

If you happen to receive a ticket, ask for copies of the pictures. That way you can see for yourself and possibly work out if you were speeding or not. What other cars are in the picture and the position of those cars in relation to yours.

Three Months ago, Mobile speed Camera's were introduced in NSW, ATM, These Camera's are mounted on Ford Territory SUV.

These useless Camera's book you once go 4 Kms over the speed limit which really sucks...

I havent been Flashed yet by them but time will tell..