zre rim question

nemz

17x8.5 should be fine, Dwee was running that with +37 offset. Dont know about 18x8.5 with +32 offset, +35 offset sits out quite a fair bit already. Im sure others will chime in and help ya.

been discussing it with dutchie, im pretty sure it would sit out a little too far, which is a shame, just had my eyes on a set of rims for the gf, but any feedback and idea's would be appreciated :)

I'm running 8" +38 and it's fine. Using the offset calc, you're right, 8.5" +32 will stick out a fair bit.. unless it's the look you want! ;)

Peter.

if it was my car i wouldnt be so worried i would just throw them on :P but i already have my 300zx and my zuki, me and the mr's are sharing this one, and she wants nice rims, i wanna go as fat and wide as possible, while keeping it from scrubbing and needing any sort of body modification

will also be ordering some coil overs soonish, have been looking at hks hypermax c-compact's

Edited by nemz

dont think that will scrub at all correct me if wrong. With coilovers i think i would stick with pedders seems to have a good deal and warranty wise as its oz made! But thats my choice anyways but i chose to get the tanabe nf coilovers anyhow :P

ok, next option is a 17x8 +35 with 225's what series rubber would match std size? and would it scrub?

222/45R17s will be fine. I don't scrub, and I'm on coilovers. Do you have a wheel in mind? Also, have a look at the ZRE Thread if you haven't already done so for some ideas! :)

dont think that will scrub at all correct me if wrong. With coilovers i think i would stick with pedders seems to have a good deal and warranty wise as its oz made! But thats my choice anyways but i chose to get the tanabe nf coilovers anyhow :P

I haven't still haven't experienced it yet so I can't comment. But people seem to be happy with them!

how are the cusco sway bars?

Bars are good! I got only got the rear sway but it makes the car more flatter in corners. :)

thanks :) been looking at some rota wheels, thinking a 8.5" wide rim with 225's stretched onto them with a +40 offset would be alright, just wandering how much clearing there would be in the inner guard, any one fitted anything similar?

ok, next option is a 17x8 +35 with 225's what series rubber would match std size? and would it scrub?

222/45R17s will be fine. I don't scrub, and I'm on coilovers. Do you have a wheel in mind? Also, have a look at the ZRE Thread if you haven't already done so for some ideas! :)

I haven't still haven't experienced it yet so I can't comment. But people seem to be happy with them!

how are the cusco sway bars?

Bars are good! I got only got the rear sway but it makes the car more flatter in corners. :)