Sub and speaker setup for Aurion

AurionPlus

Hi guys,

Recently had the following professionally installed in my Aurion:

6x9 Alpine Type R (2 front and 2 back)

Powered by an Alpine Amp (MRP F300)

I am now about to install the following to supplement:

Clarion 12" Sub (PA12-S) powered by a Clarion Amp (APX1301)

I was having issues with excess rattle in the back due to the good bass produced by the 6x9's and was advised by JB Hifi to install a Sub and reduce bass to the back speakers.

Could you guys please help me by providing optimum x-over settings for both amps and wiring up the sub to the amp (also, not really too clear on whether the logical sense of just using two of the 4 output speaker terminals (on the clarion amp for the sub which is 4 ohms) is the optimum method - I have been told it is a science?)

Your input here is greatly appreciated.

If you have any suggestions on reducing back shelf rattle (that won't rob the bank), that would also be great.

Thanks

you need to look at the frequency that the sub handles.

on my setup I have the the x'over set at 120khz. so the cabin speakers handle everything above 120khz and the sub the rest. also, see what you can change on your head deck in regards to High Pass Filter (HPF). Make sure it is set to 120khz :)

on my setup I have the the x'over set at 120khz. so the cabin speakers handle everything above 120khz and the sub the rest. also, see what you can change on your head deck in regards to High Pass Filter (HPF). Make sure it is set to 120khz :)

OT

Nice setup you have there,

I was under the impression that the type R speakers wouldn't fit in the back without hitting the boot springs? was much work done to make them fit?

Cheers

(also, not really too clear on whether the logical sense of just using two of the 4 output speaker terminals (on the clarion amp for the sub which is 4 ohms) is the optimum method - I have been told it is a science?)

That Clarion is a mono amp, right? Why are there 4 output terminals?

Will do... thanks heaps

OT

Nice setup you have there,

I was under the impression that the type R speakers wouldn't fit in the back without hitting the boot springs? was much work done to make them fit?

Cheers

Thanks ... Had them installed by JB Hifi. They originally sold me type S but called me and advised the type R would be a better fit for the back. The spring does 'just' touch the speaker magnet. Has never been an issue and from what I have heard, they are much better than Toyota's suggested Eclipse 6x9's. They really pump, so my biggest issue now is the back deck rattling :-)