Larger Throttle Body

Adamsy

Hey Fella's

last week a fella member (one of our new ones) emailed me at work and asked a couple of question about his new Aurion and how to improve it and make it unqiue and one of his qustions he asked and one that i could not answer was one on a larger throttle body on Aurion, would it make any difference. I havent being able to stop thinking about it so i did a search and came up with next to nothing which leads me to think that there's a obvious reason why we cant put a larger one our cars as nobody has talked about it much, so what is it lol?

It might work if the ECM can add more fuel to go with the additional air, and if you can find a DBW one thats compatable with the aurion ECM.

I know for a fact this does work on the yaris (you use a 1zz DBW tb) and you do gain response and a small amount of power

Hey Fella's

last week a fella member (one of our new ones) emailed me at work and asked a couple of question about his new Aurion and how to improve it and make it unqiue and one of his qustions he asked and one that i could not answer was one on a larger throttle body on Aurion, would it make any difference. I havent being able to stop thinking about it so i did a search and came up with next to nothing which leads me to think that there's a obvious reason why we cant put a larger one our cars as nobody has talked about it much, so what is it lol?

at the current ECU settings even putting a large pod on it to get more air shuts the VVTI down and gets sluggish, would need some work on the ECU to perfect.

ahhh right so it comes back down to the damm computers shutting you down every time you throw some more air at it lol, damm you lol.

ahhh right so it comes back down to the damm computers shutting you down every time you throw some more air at it lol, damm you lol.

sorry mate, not as easy as the old days before computerised cars, back to the drawing board for you. LOL

sorry mate, not as easy as the old days before computerised cars, back to the drawing board for you. LOL

back to the headers and exhaust system for me then!

Hey Fella's

Adamsy,

I am across the water and have a different vehicle than you but I do have a 2GR-FE engine. I have had my stock throttle body modified (enlarged) by a company called 'Maxbore'. I showed my results in a thread (further down in the thread) here --> http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25997&highlight=maxbore

No issues with the computer or anything else. Have not noticed any seat-of-the-pants improvement. 1/4 mile trap speed went up a teeny-tiny bit. You guys have forced induction so maybe things would be different for your setup.