Over Revving at start up

Aurouse

Hi...just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...I have just bought a 2007 Aurion ZR6..(and loving it)..That is except for the cold starts..the motor revs like hell for about a minute then settles down...I would have thought this was'nt to good for the engine..Is this a normal thing or should i whip it back in before the warranty is up...Thanks in advance for any advice..

"Revs like hell" as in it locks it in a gear eg wont let you shift to the next till like 3k? Normal for all autos, as it is done to warm the gearbox up quicker. Or

"Revs like hell" as in it idles at 3k for the first minute.... Not normal

Edited by STYLSH

You need to define what you call "revs like hell". That figure of speech doesn't say much.

A normal cold start rev range is anywhere between 1500RPM up to about 2000RPM. It can spike higher than that, but only for a second or two mediately after cranking. Anything outside of that is abnormal. The following threads show what is normal behaviour:

Cold Start - Rev start and start at 1500 rpm

V6 Engine revs When Cold

"Revs like hell" as in it locks it in a gear eg wont let you shift to the next till like 3k? Normal for all autos, as it is done to warm the gearbox up quicker. Or

"Revs like hell" as in it idles at 3k for the first minute.... Not normal

Thanks for the reply stylsh and DJKOR...going by the threads i think it falls into the 'not normal' category,,,i cant tell you exactly how high it revs as i'm away for a couple more weeks at work at the moment,,though i definitely cant put it into gear for over a minute as it will take.(leap) off ...thanks once again..