HELP!! Reconnect battery->Alarm won't work properly

ben yip

I have an alarm installed from Motorone, which comes from XPack when I purchase the car in Toyota

1. First I used my alarm key to turn the siron at the back of the engine bay to turned off the siron

2 I disconnect the negative terminal of the battery

3. After reconnecting the battery for 10 minutes wait for the ECU reset

4. Turn the siron back on

5. Start the car, and the audio system said "SEC", whatever button you pressed, no response

The alarm is working normally, there are beep sounds, it locks up itself after 30 seconds, what went wrong?

This is annoying, that means I dun have audio after changing the battery few years later

I have an alarm installed from Motorone, which comes from XPack when I purchase the car in Toyota

1. First I used my alarm key to turn the siron at the back of the engine bay to turned off the siron

5. Start the car, and the audio system said "SEC", whatever button you pressed, no response

The alarm is working normally, there are beep sounds, it locks up itself after 30 seconds, what went wrong?

This is annoying, that means I dun have audio after changing the battery few years later

correct if i'm wrong but usually its the last 4 digits of your serial number. this can be found on the sticker that you get from the RTA. if not, it should be in ur service book or owners manual

correct if i'm wrong but usually its the last 4 digits of your serial number. this can be found on the sticker that you get from the RTA. if not, it should be in ur service book or owners manual

I have that number, but it is called something like "Pin overide" to disable the alarm, I want to renable the alarm, not disable it.. I have the alarm key, so...

Research in the internet gave me not much info, this is very frustrating

That's nothing to do with your alarm. It needs the security pin for your headunit itself, should be in the headunit owners manual. Follow the instructions in the manual. It's designed to thwart would-be stereo theives.

That's nothing to do with your alarm. It needs the security pin for your headunit itself, should be in the headunit owners manual. Follow the instructions in the manual. It's designed to thwart would-be stereo theives.

Thanks. There is no serial number at the menu or some other documents, need to call up dealer..

so I guess everyone call them after battery reconnection !!

Update: After calling the dealer, they tell me the number..

it is different for each dealer

Edited by ben yip

That sounds weird because, all of us ZRE boys have disconnected our batteries for longer than 30mins (installing CAI) or for resetting ECU and we have never got that on our headunits.. :blink: CHA54 is right, just to prevent thieves but I haven't seen or heard of it on ZREs before. Easiest is to go to dealer, should be a single override consisting of pressing series of buttons.

Peter.

Same thing occurs with a ZZE head unit , my code is written down in some paper work , comes up with "SEC" on the screen , theres a process where you push a series of buttons on the unit and then input the given code and your sorted.

installed my cai yesterday and took out the batter for longer than 30min it was about 2hrs while i was installing my cai. All i lost was the radio station and time etc so that was pretty much it.

Must be like the zze then. Not all of them had the security pin enabled; it can be enabled though. Usual code is the last couple digits of the chassis number if one is set.

My car is a zre-154, not zze, that might be why..

probably they put it in the new zre nowadays

I did not disconnect the battery before, this is the first time

Edited by ben yip