Aurion 09

Hiya folks,

Got a 09 Aurion late release. Appreciate if you folks can shed some light for the below:

# Fuel lid says E10, Is it the recommended and the most economical.

# Need to get Alloy rims, whom can i get em from in VIC. Dealer quotes 250 per rim

# Is there anything such as "rust proofing". This is the under carriage treatment that is done to protect it.

Regards

Heya there... Gratz on the buy and welcome to the forum...

Most general topics have been discussed. Your questions included. Make sure you use the search button and read the FAQs in the top section.

E10 is the least petrol you can use in ur Aurion. However, it is neither economical nor recommended by most owners here.

Alloy standard rims, search around ebay, you can get it at cheaper price including tyres.

Hiya folks,

Got a 09 Aurion late release. Appreciate if you folks can shed some light for the below:

# Need to get Alloy rims, whom can i get em from in VIC. Dealer quotes 250 per rim

# Is there anything such as "rust proofing". This is the under carriage treatment that is done to protect it.

Regards

Hi Newbie,

1. The topic of which is the best fuel has been covered at length. There's probably a wealth of info on this, so you might want to try searching first? If you still can't get answers to your query, then feel free to post a specific questions. The moderators get rather annoyed if the same questions keep getting asked over and over again.. :whistling: However, as a matter of personal choice, I only use Premium ULP (eg PULP 95 - Shell, or Vortex 98 - Caltex).
  2. Can't really help you there.. I'm in WA and you didn't specify what style alloys are you after. There are at least two styles I know of from Toyota - standard alloys like on the Presara and the Kappa 17".
  3. Yes there is, and you have two main options. The first is the good ol' spray on stuff by any rustproof/tinting provider (eg Tint-a-Car), and the second option is to install a ERPS (Electronic Rust Proofing System) which is a module installed in your engine bay which provides electronic protection by preventing the loss of electrons from the atomic structure of the iron in the steel components of your vehicle (i.e. prevents or greatly minimises RUST). You only need one module for the whole car. They are available from a Toyota Dealer, or you may choose to go for an aftermarket module. These are available from a 4WD shop or a good auto parts shop. I personally went the ERPS way because it covers everything and NOT just the undercarriage. Spray on stuff covers your undercarriage, but not anywhere above it..

Congrats on the new ride! :yahoo:

Cheers,

BB

Hiya folks,

Regards

Hi Newbie,

1. The topic of which is the best fuel has been covered at length. There's probably a wealth of info on this, so you might want to try searching first? If you still can't get answers to your query, then feel free to post a specific questions. The moderators get rather annoyed if the same questions keep getting asked over and over again.. :whistling: However, as a matter of personal choice, I only use Premium ULP (eg PULP 95 - Shell, or Vortex 98 - Caltex).
  2. Can't really help you there.. I'm in WA and you didn't specify what style alloys are you after. There are at least two styles I know of from Toyota - standard alloys like on the Presara and the Kappa 17".
  3. Yes there is, and you have two main options. The first is the good ol' spray on stuff by any rustproof/tinting provider (eg Tint-a-Car), and the second option is to install a ERPS (Electronic Rust Proofing System) which is a module installed in your engine bay which provides electronic protection by preventing the loss of electrons from the atomic structure of the iron in the steel components of your vehicle (i.e. prevents or greatly minimises RUST). You only need one module for the whole car. They are available from a Toyota Dealer, or you may choose to go for an aftermarket module. These are available from a 4WD shop or a good auto parts shop. I personally went the ERPS way because it covers everything and NOT just the undercarriage. Spray on stuff covers your undercarriage, but not anywhere above it..

Congrats on the new ride! :yahoo:

Cheers,

BB

1st off - congratulations on the purchase of the Aurion. You won't be disappointed. I am still in honeymoon mode :lol:

As to the petrol question - I wouldn't put in E10! I use BP Ultimate which is 98RON. It is also economical as I have filled my car between 2 weeks to 3 weeks if I am lucky enough. And that's with both city and highway use :toast:

As for the rims, it is more of personal choice but yeah I wouldn't use dealer rims as they look too stock. I have stock rims but thinking of upgrading from stock to aftermarket but still same size. If you want to go larger, keep stock suspension and shocks. I plan to do that as well!

Rust proofing - now my car hasn't got it but thanks to the suggestion from BEEPBEEP, I may as well dump the dealer and go for the auto parts one to have them install ERPS. Yeah BEEPBEEP's right the spray on one is just for undercarriage.

Edited by DeafDave76

I really can't be bothered with watching my fuel any more. My average consumption has shot up to 12.1 and I've been using BP Ultimate now for 7 months straight from the same service station.

My car doesn't tell me what my average is.. but I manage to get about ~550km, with about 5-10L left in the tank. BP Ultimate ftw.

Welcome to the forum! But yea man, just try searching anything you need/want to know. You'd be surprised with half the stuff you find.

Welcome to the forum Aurion 09.

You have made a wise decision with your ride. I have owned a pre-update model 09 for a few months now and absolutely love it.

I used 98 in mine. The extra kilometers counter the additional price and it seems the motor just loves it.

Don't be offended by being jumped on for not doing the search bit. I've only been a member a short time and takes a while to find your way around here.

Having said that there is some interesting stuff searching will find. I even had help securing my front mats. The carpet came with only the holes and it was a bit of a mystery how they were held back. (Now very secure)

My ride is almost stock so I cant help you with the wheels. (Its an old age thing :blush:) Have a look at the upgraded Chinese head incorporating reversing camera, tv, DVD, USB, SD, Satnav if you lean that way. There is brilliant information for fitting and upgrading that was simple enought even for me. A great investment.

Enjoy your car and the TOC.

Cheers Tom

We use an electronic rust protection module on the vehicles we send to king island can’t remember the things exact name but the company is an offshoot of wynns i believe and essentially it puts a negative charge through the body/chassis. Now rust particles can’t easily form on something that has a negative charge though it. People on king island swear by these products :)

I really can't be bothered with watching my fuel any more. My average consumption has shot up to 12.1 and I've been using BP Ultimate now for 7 months straight from the same service station.

Drive in heavy stop-start traffic much? :rolleyes:

12.1 L/100km does sound a bit on the high side though, Silver-Aurion. Then again there are so many factors involved : Traffic, lead footedness etc.....;)

Cheers,

BB

Thanks Folks..you guys rock. Sorry abt my ignorance about asking a repititive question. Yup, started to like the Aurion way. As per yr directions filled in BP ultimate. I hope it will addd value. Alloys, i will check with a dealer. Worried to fix something from out as it could be dodgy. Thanks again for your time. Rust proofing is it recommended to have it done in Metro Victoria?

cheers

Thanks Folks..you guys rock. Sorry abt my ignorance about asking a repititive question. Yup, started to like the Aurion way. As per yr directions filled in BP ultimate. I hope it will addd value. Alloys, i will check with a dealer. Worried to fix something from out as it could be dodgy. Thanks again for your time. Rust proofing is it recommended to have it done in Metro Victoria?

cheers

You're welcome, Newbie.

As for Rustproofing, I think it would depend on how long you intend to keep Aurion. If you 're thinking to keep it for 5 or more years, then it will probably be prudent to have rustproofing. You never know the kind of places your car can possibly go through during that time, unless you're like my elderly neighbour who has a 3 door Yaris and who tells me she only uses it to go down to the shops (3 mins away) and buys fuel once every 2 months.

If you're going to replace it in a couple of years (With a newer Aurion maybe?) then you'll probably need to consider whether the few hundred bucks for rustproofing spent will give a worthwhile improved resale value.

Having said the above, if you have the spray on rustproofing then it probably won't make much difference to resale value. However, if you have an ERPS, it would probably be worth more, because it's something the potential purchaser can see, and is documented (if you retain the installation docs and receipts). It forms part of your comprehensive vehicle history, which buyers always love to see.

Cheers,

BB

• 4 months later...

Hi mate, when it comes down to rust proofing you need to buy POR15 !!!!!! it is a rust preventative paint. (gloss black) I own a aurion, and i am also restoring a 1961 vw beetle, i am painting its undercarriage with POR15 and it looks EPIC !! it is super glossy and very very tough, it wont scratch or chip and stops rust from getting worse or even starting. I bought it from a VW shop in campsie NSW. Otherwise i am not sure where else to get it. But i am sure if u look around you will find it. I recommend it, really really good stuff. :toast: