Difficulty shifting in Sportivo

Do any of you guys live near the south coast? Maybe we can "bump into" each other on the streets one day :lol: Would really like to see the how quick these cars really are. Have you guys taken on any other cars like the Type-R or Clio Sport or Astra Turbo or 206Gti?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most guys here have ran 0-100 times and i would say we can do it under 7.5 s. The Sportivo has good top end too so i would say a 1/4mile in the mid to high 15s shouldn't be a problem. I have this clip of a guy doing a pretty decent run and his 0-100 time should be around high 6s or 7 second mark. Pretty quick! Should be a good run with the 4A-GE/GZE :lol:

Where did these imposters come from? Get over your 4AG series motors they were good but they are old tech, anyone can build up a fast car with hardly any money, the sportivo is more than just performance, there is comfort, a touch of luxury and turns peoples eyes whenever you hit lift, you dont have that in your old rustbuckets now do you? and the T-sport is the same as a sportivo, c'mon guys wake up, same engine same everything, just different headlights and minor cosmetics.

I turn heads when people hear me take off :P And my bodywork has not a speck of rust thank you very much.

I actually find the new corolla look ugly as hell. Toyota's designers have gone downhill. Its looking more like a chunky hatch sitting very high than the lower profile of the older models. But hey, everyone has their own opinions, neh? If you spend $25k+ on a car I would hope you bought it because you liked it :-D

Cars especially practical hatches like the Corolla are built this way nowadays. Look at the Honda Jazz and Civic, they have the same type of styling. It creates more space inside the car and makes the cars more "muscular" in design. Also due to enhancements in safety and aerodynamics for better fuel consumption :rolleyes:

Depends on how 'south' on the south coast you mean :)

Sorry mate, Shellharbour region :lol:

Hey I'm only 20 min north from there :P

And yes I realise they style these cars now for space and such, but it still doesnt stop them being ugly. I guess if you want good looks you shell out for a sports car :|

I have to admit when i first saw the new corolla i said the same thing, i wasnt very fond of it at all, big headlights high off the ground, etc but it is only a corolla after all, then everytime i climb in my mums 01 corolla with the round headlights i feel like im suffocating. You eventually learn to love the new shape if you own one. Drop it a couple of inches and put 17's and it looks better than any previous corolla weve had in Oz.

Oh I'm not saying the previous model was any better. In fact I think toyota is making them progressively worse. But since most other hatches look like that now, I guess its the way things are going *shrug*

Mazda 3 sp23 doesnt look bad tho...

Where did these imposters come from? Get over your 4AG series motors they were good but they are old tech, anyone can build up a fast car with hardly any money, the sportivo is more than just performance, there is comfort, a touch of luxury and turns peoples eyes whenever you hit lift, you dont have that in your old rustbuckets now do you? and the T-sport is the same as a sportivo, c'mon guys wake up, same engine same everything, just different headlights and minor cosmetics.

you tell me not to bag out sportivos and yet we get the same back, the 1.6 4age in the sx/gti made 100kw with no vvti and is over tens years older yet the standard corolla today makes the same amount of power and with vvti, is that old tech? nope its a smaller donk with no vvti and has a better torque curve and still makes the same power, illuminati yes i know but they are a design that have been out for many years and not new technology.

you tell me not to bag out sportivos and yet we get the same back, the 1.6 4age in the sx/gti made 100kw with no vvti and is over tens years older yet the standard corolla today makes the same amount of power and with vvti, is that old tech? nope its a smaller donk with no vvti and has a better torque curve and still makes the same power, illuminati yes i know but they are a design that have been out for many years and not new technology.

Mate i dont think thats fair, im not here to bag anyone, infact it came across that all you new guys just invaded the forum to bag the sportivo, but dont try to start a pointless argument about power figures etc, whats the point? Peace out :) .

i agree with u lucio.

it seems like from the first post by u 4ag guys you were dissing the sportivo. thats just not good forum maners.

you have to think about how you are writing, u may have a specific opinion but if u post it in the wrong fastion it may come accross that you are attacking rather then comenting. this is because its typed and we cannot hear your tone of voice. its hard to show sarcasm for instance.

in such a case people will take it the wrong way and they feel they are beening attacked and will have to defend themselfs (mainly done by attacking bak).

there is a easy prevention, common curtisey. dont judge people before you get to know them.

the oldsool rollas and the new sportivo have very similar performance. in fact its so close that a bad shift will make it go either way. the only diff is the price, and with price you get better quality(what i mean is leather seats, climate control, warantee, etc). that is the reason we gave up more cash to purchase the stivo which keeps up with 4ag.

it was our money and we can use it how we see fit. i always knew that i could get a car for 3000 and rebuild it to b quiker, but i cant be fcked right now.

in 5 yrs time im acctually planning to rebuild some old beast with out computer aided drive 'enhancements' that in my opinoin only make a car worse and unsafe to drive fast. imo a computer can never surpass the skill of a good driver(it cannot predict what the driver is trying to do)

i dont doubt the luxury and comfort of a sportivo. Heck if i had money to burn on a new car that would probably be it.

However, what i dont like is the farsical claims of sub 15 sec 1/4 miles, and unbelievable straight line speed. It's just not true by todays standards. Yeah its quick, but it aint THAT quick.

And i also dont like being told that without a doubt, my corolla cannot be fast, or made to be anything but an unreliable rust bucket.

(p.s. it has yet to brake down)

Captain Upsidedown, just like u we also dont like being told that our stivo cant be made quik.

most of us here are young and have never owned a 'under 9sec 0-100' car. so for us this is a quik car and we enjoy tslking about it alot. if u have a problem with that then leave this forum.