Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001

Blacksheep

For those who run Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001, do the tread pattern on the left and right sides all go the same way?

I have noticed that, whilst the left-side faces what I believe to be the correct direction, the right side doesn't because the V cut in the tread pattern is pointing backwards.

I looked carefully, and I didn't find any markings on the sidewall that states the direction of rotation. The only thing I found was where it states "outside".

Thoughts?

The 'V' type pattern on the RE001's will face the opposite direction on opposite sides of the car. They are an asymmetric but non-directional tire so as long as the side that said "INSIDE" is actually on the inside, you will be fine. The guys at Bridgestone also confirmed this for me... and hopefully they know what they are doing.

Edit: The wording of your first post is strangely similar to this. Are you the same person who asked that question 2 years back?

http://www.aus-cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33232&start=0

Edit: The wording of your first post is strangely similar to this. Are you the same person who asked that question 2 years back?

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be the same person. Good work Daryl :)

The 'V' type pattern on the RE001's will face the opposite direction on opposite sides of the car. They are an asymmetric but non-directional tire so as long as the side that said "INSIDE" is actually on the inside, you will be fine. The guys at Bridgestone also confirmed this for me... and hopefully they know what they are doing.

Far out, Mr Memory and it's not particularly a memorable post either.

I'm going to hit you up for number storage when I need it.

edit: Welcome back, DJKOR

No it's not the same person guys. I just got these tyres installed over the weekend :)

I did some research over the internet about the issue and came across that post which is exactly what I was thinking when I saw these tyres installed on the car. Got lazy and pasted his words in my post, sorry for the confusion guys. I don't think he got to the bottom of it in the end and just accepted that it was suppose to be that way. I just wanted to hear opinions from this forum because it still doesn't make sense to me to have the tread pattern pointing a different direction on the left and right tyres. It's not as if the wheels are rotating in opposite directions when the vehicle is moving forward.

That aside, i give these tyres the 2 thumbs up! Low road noise, excellent handling and good response in the dry. No chance to test in the wet yet. That's where i'm really intrigued to see how the reverse V cut on the right tyre disperses water through the channels.

Currently i'm using the RE001 and i can say they grip VERY well in the dry and takes a bit of effort to slide in the wet. Surprisingly they are quieter than my old tyres which were known to be quiet touring tyres.

Interesting. I found the RE001's to be about as grippy as a pair of roller blades on ice when in the wet. Well not that crappy, but I wouldn't say they had decent grip in the wet.

Currently i'm using the RE001 and i can say they grip VERY well in the dry and takes a bit of effort to slide in the wet. Surprisingly they are quieter than my old tyres which were known to be quiet touring tyres.

Interesting. I found the RE001's to be about as grippy as a pair of roller blades on ice when in the wet. Well not that crappy, but I wouldn't say they had decent grip in the wet.

well i haven't made VSC beep yet with the RE001 but with my old tyres i made VSC beep like 100 times in the wet.

That's interesting, because the RE001/Adrenalin was the replacement for the GIII which was a highly regarded all-weather tyre....

That's interesting, because the RE001/Adrenalin was the replacement for the GIII which was a highly regarded all-weather tyre....

Probably just a combination of things such as road conditions and personal driving style. I was exaggerating a bit. There are times that I found it to be fairly good in the wet like if you hit a light puddle it would just slice through it, but then there were other times where you would hit a similar sized puddle and it would decide to aquaplane like you just drove on ice.

They are alright tires I guess. I just personally think there are better options out there. I just remember them loosing traction more than maintaining it.

My Re001's are gripping fine in both wet and dry, the only issue is that its 50% warn after 9 months :( (after 23,000 kms)

Don't use time as a factor.

23k and 1/2 worn isn't bad considering the type of tyre it is; unless you are driving 100% highway with no spirited launches or driving whatsoever.

I have GIII's on the rear and they are not very good in the wet. Dry traction is very very good, wet... definitely not super duper. I'm not sliding all over the place but anything over half throttle and I'll spin in a straight line no probs.