Uk owner saying HI!!

Hey all, I've seen a couple of you guys posting on the uk forums so I though i'd do likewise!

To be honest the Uk is not very enthusiastic towards the t-sport/sportivo!

I am however a big crusader for it, as i like to think lol :rolleyes:

anyway i just wanted to say i really am pleased i came across the australian forum as the enthusiasm here is unmatched, and i come across all sorts of usefull info. If anyone wants's info on my 3 door t-sport ( i think you guys only get 5 door??) then just ask!.

Hey all, I've seen a couple of you guys posting on the uk forums so I though i'd do likewise!

To be honest the Uk is not very enthusiastic towards the t-sport/sportivo!

I am however a big crusader for it, as i like to think lol :rolleyes:

anyway i just wanted to say i really am pleased i came across the australian forum as the enthusiasm here is unmatched, and i come across all sorts of usefull info. If anyone wants's info on my 3 door t-sport ( i think you guys only get 5 door??) then just ask!.

Hi Zuban welcome to the AU section of the Corolla forum :D You are right about enthusiasm here and you definitely will find a lot of info on our cars here including matchups with rival cars and track day and dyno day results :lol: I think for us not having the Civic TypeR (which is my favourite hatch :( ) sold here made the Sportivo an attractive package compared to the much more expensive Integra TypeR (now called TypeS in Oz). Our closest rivals are the Renault Clio Sport 182, Peugot Gti180, Holden Astra Turbo, Mini Cooper S, Ford Focus ST170, which are all aorund $3-7grand more expensive. The new VW Golf GTI looks the goods but again is much more expensive and the Honda Integra TypeS with 154kw (210ps) aka Acura RSX-S in the US costs a hefty $12grand more. So the more you look at it there is no other car that comes close to the Sportivo for Jap built quality and bang for buck ;)

May i ask for a pic of your car mate? Always loved the 3 door :)

Cheers,

Z

Edited by ZEEROLLA

G'day mate.... well someone had to be the stereotype so I guessed it should'a' been me :D

Just thought I would add something from toyota.co.uk website,so people can see how the 3 door hatch looks.

Regards,

Lauschie

Gday,

Link seems like it doesn't work here,so just go to www.toyota.co.uk

Regards,

Lauschie

thanks! I do like the aussie stivo front lip, but i've decided to hold off from putting a lip on as i occasionally scrape the black plastic lip when parking, once i get out of that habit it would be the one!

The Rims are imported from japan, made by Rota alloys? They are called slipstreams there 17" but weigh the same as the stock rims, tyres are Toyo T1-r's, which to be honest are a bit on the skinny side, and do not last long, so i will be fitting 215 or 225 width next time.

I've replaced the stock suspension with KW variant 2 coilovers, i went straight for them instead of messing about with antiroll bars and braces etc. It isnt the same car anymore! I can only imagine that all the extras like bigger antiroll bars and strut braces will make it even better! but I just dont have the cash :angry:

Other than that all i've done is put on a blitz short ram, had a cai before with almost disasterous results, havent sorted my cold air feed yet though so on hot days in traffic you feel it suffer, ran a few tests though and found the temp to be only a few degree's above ambient once moving. Only other mod is the remus backbox, the old one broke so i found the remus on special offer for less than i could get a stock box so i couldnt resist. The combination of the intake + exhaust havent really done anything for the top end but boy to they open up the power below 6000rpm!

thanks! I do like the aussie stivo front lip, but i've decided to hold off from putting a lip on as i occasionally scrape the black plastic lip when parking, once i get out of that habit it would be the one!

The Rims are imported from japan, made by Rota alloys? They are called slipstreams there 17" but weigh the same as the stock rims, tyres are Toyo T1-r's, which to be honest are a bit on the skinny side, and do not last long, so i will be fitting 215 or 225 width next time.

I've replaced the stock suspension with KW variant 2 coilovers, i went straight for them instead of messing about with antiroll bars and braces etc. It isnt the same car anymore! I can only imagine that all the extras like bigger antiroll bars and strut braces will make it even better! but I just dont have the cash :angry:

Other than that all i've done is put on a blitz short ram, had a cai before with almost disasterous results, havent sorted my cold air feed yet though so on hot days in traffic you feel it suffer, ran a few tests though and found the temp to be only a few degree's above ambient once moving. Only other mod is the remus backbox, the old one broke so i found the remus on special offer for less than i could get a stock box so i couldnt resist. The combination of the intake + exhaust havent really done anything for the top end but boy to they open up the power below 6000rpm!

with the TRD CAI at worst intake temp is 1 degree above ambient temp. otherwise it's the same. wat's the KW like. i know they're pretty good for the astraG and mkIV golfs.