ZRE152 seat options

The mrs's bugbear with the corolla are the seats. She gets some back aches from the seats... and to be honest i'm very suprised the Levin ZR didn't have any fancy luxury seats compared to the base model. They dont even have lumbar support which is crazy.

Anyways question is - are the options our there for changing the seats?

would aurion seats bolt in? Not looking to race bucket seats... something with more adjustment and cushyness.

I love the new wrx STi seats, like a big tight cuddle... but my mrs bloody hated the 3 seconds she sat in it at a dealer... think the budonkadonk was too great!

Havent seen any other seat transplants other than the Japs doing Recaro swaps. There a re a number of cushy Recaro's in the line up, not all ultra hard sports seats, most recaros are very nice and comfortable... but costly.

Saying that, if they fit width ways, you can get a custom rail/s made up to suit. Be sure to lower the height of the bloody things.

I have to agree, the seats are shocking. I either get a dead thigh or hunched back due to the height. The Ls on the other hand.... sweet heaven.

I agree, they should've done something with the seats or even the engine (but that's a whole diff thread). I'm not big in built, I slide over the place in corners so I have to hold onto the steering wheel/gear stick extra tight during corners.. :lol: But saying that, they are Corollas and are built to transport people from A to B (unfortunately).

Peter.

The Ls on the other hand.... sweet heaven

You lost me! Ls?

I have sighted a few nice looking seats that dont look fulli race spec... yes pricey! oh very!

699427828059-SQM2AL.jpg

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/sparco-seat--milano-2--alcantara-fabric-p9636 > $1799!!!

brix_ii_single.jpg

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/bride-brix-ii-reclining-seat--full-black-fabric-p4217 > $1495!

And that appears to be the per-seat price... not a pair.

Was hoping someone had ventured an Aurion seat route n suceeded...

You lost me! Ls?

His other car he just recently bought..Haha

Back to topic, yes normally sold per single seat and they are a fair bite from your wallet. Make sure you read the description, some are not even adjustable so that might defeat your purpose of getting one..

You lost me! Ls?

His Lexus mate.

As suggested, if you have some dosh, a good aftermarket seat would be a good option. I imagine that despite being a little more expensive, it will be easier to have some rails done for it.

Was hoping someone had ventured an Aurion seat route n suceeded...

The Aurion seats are quite large. I somewhat imagine that becoming an issue. But I haven't really taken the closest attention when comparing the two seat sizes.

ahhhh... well yes a lexus would be comfy. Lexus dont do a car of the corolla size do they? darn.

Ya I assumed the aurion seats would a wee bit wider. The width of the corolla seat doeesn't bother me at all... its all the back support or lack there of.

Yep i've looked specifically at reclinable seats with lumbar adjustments...

Oh well... i assume we'll never get to the point where sloshing out the money to change seats will happen... we'll probably sell the car n just grab something larger.

Cheers for all the inputs

Keep an eye out on some of the auto-auction sites and ebay.. When i was looking for Recaro's for the ZRE, i did find a few for sale for very reasonable prices.

Lexus does do a small ZRE like vehicle. I forget its name, its only just been released in Europe i think, and i would expect to pay 3X the price of Recaro's or Sparco's for those seats. OUCH!

Anyways.. back to the topic:

You can always measure up the front width and base width of an Aurion seat just to see if its out of the question or a viable option. It may just be possible..

Or have an auto upholsterer add in lumbar support padding. Its quite easily done, I just remembered i was looking at one of these kits a while back....

Universal Inflatable Lumbar Support Bladder

In practice..

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/how-customize-seats-inflatable-lumbar-support-53766/

Or fancy shiatsu massager lumbar support

Hope that helps your back... :D

Those recaros look pretty sweet.... when I fitted my recaros in the wagon they weren't that big compared to the standard seats

Also be careful when buying aftermarket seats as there are also fake seats that usually sell cheap but its not too hard to tell the difference

• 8 months later...

So popped into Whilshire Motor Trimmers in Friday, with the main purpose of having a seat in a sample recaro seat, they have a fair few in their showroom. Spoke to them that the lack of lumbar support on the zre seats makes them very uncomfortable after a while.

Firstly they mentioned that if the stock seats have airbags in them, no go on changing seats.

And secondly they showed me a small hand-pump air-bag unit they can install into the seat to create adjustable lumber support. $250 installed. So I have the rolla booked in this Tuesday... Will let y'all know the result.