Lucky me

Well recently I discovered that some ***** had slammed their door into the left side panel of my car. The dent isn’t that bad, however I always like to keep my car clean and as soon as the light shines on it, it’s very noticeable. I also blame the fact that it’s black. :(

Anyways it’s really getting to me just for the fact I KNOW its there. Has anyone here had this happen to them and got it fixed? How much would this roughly cost to fix? The dent is not that deep and roughly 2cm by 1cm big. Also can anyone recommend a good repair shop or service around Melbourne who won’t quote me a ridiculous price and get the work done quick and clean. I have gotten a few quotes already but the prices I thought were just bull$#1^. :angry:

Would u guys get it fixed no matter what it cost, or just learn to live with it? Any advice would help thanks.

Hi BlkZR,

Im from Sydney but ill give u some details with regards to possibly why its costing so much....

From memory i cant remember the exact panel configuration of the celica but where the dent is does happen to be the large rear panel? u see being a coupe the rear panel just happens to be one piece and that makes it a real pain if u ever damage only a small part of it..... Chances are all your quotes are to do with spraying a major part if not the entire panel ..... Also considering its black were they going to spray any of the ad-joining panels to make sure the colour doesnt look different ?

This is why coupe's are more expensive to insure over sedans.

cheers

Bill

I got 2 x 5 cent dents and its noticeable as when its clean. I am learning to live with it, i think one is from someone's door and the other from a rock or pebble.. another alternative is just don't clean your car that often :P

Yup whenever I had tiny dents and got quotes for it I got outragous prices. The most being $1000 on a door with one dent on the crease. (Didn't pay it).

The main problem is that the whole panel needs to be resprayed, it's even worse if you have a metallic paint. If you get one little section done and not the whole panel you WILL notice it and it WILL be a bit botchy no matter how good the colour matching is. I did this and after about 3 months noticed the little marks.

Thanks for the advise guys and yes Xoom it is the large rear panel your talking about. It doesnt seem like much paint has been lost from it, would i be able to just get it pushed back out without repainting? I would think that they would have to take my car apart to do this which im not really a fan of, so i think ill just live with it for the moment unless i get a quote im happy with. <_<

same problem here blackzr, got a quote for $750 to fix it because they had to repaint the whole frigging panel all the way to the front too. just put on some touch-up paint that came with the car, little polish... looks alright. still noticeable though, but i've grown to become acustomed to it hehe... there was one guy who said he could make it as new as possible for around $90... but not sure exactly what he was gonna do... doubt the result would be too good either, but better than nothing. :D

my dad recently had a dent popped out from his door on his accord... i'll try and find the details of the people who did it

they're located in melbourne and from memory, it only cost 50 bucks

Edited by Chompies

I was told they can stick something down the gap between the window and door and "pop" the dent out. Anyone heard of this? Having to respray the whole panel for a dent or a few dents is overkill imo..