boot open remote takes 2-3 button presses

bush1e

Hi all

Anyone else have this problem? my boot open on the remote needs to be pressed at least twice, sometimes three and up to 4 times to open the boot. I've taken the catch off a couple of times when installing a rear view camera so I don't know if this has anythign to do with it, but its a bit annoying standing there waiting for the boot to decide when its going to open.

Ive looked at the catch and observed the moving parts when i press the remote, to the naked eye they all seem to work just fine, and there is no difference in how easily/far the catch moves whether i press the remote once or twice. I went through the repair manual and couldnt find anything on this

any advice out there please? tnx :)

Are you holding the button down long enough?

Or maybe the battery in the remote is starting to go flat, just somethings to check :yahoo:

It doesn't matter how long I hold down the button. and the fact that it works after a few presses, and the doors open first go, means its probably not that battery. tnx for the suggestions tho

There are a number of ways the button can be set up using the intelligent tester. They can be 1 press, 2 press, 0.8s press (default) and off.

What was it before the issues you had and what happens when using the other remote?

There are a number of ways the button can be set up using the intelligent tester. They can be 1 press, 2 press, 0.8s press (default) and off.

What was it before the issues you had and what happens when using the other remote?

it used to be one press, held down. I checked with the other remote, and it takes two presses also. When these things are programmed, is it the key that is programmed or the receiver?

it used to be one press, held down. I checked with the other remote, and it takes two presses also. When these things are programmed, is it the key that is programmed or the receiver?

It is the car that is programmed to the remote. Maybe it might be wise to tell Toyota that it is playing up and what they can probably do is erase all programmed remotes from the memory and then re-add them again. If it is not behaving as per what is available below, then something is not right.

doorlock2fx2.jpg

on the aurion ZR6 (smart entry) there is a switch to the right of your license plate lights that allows you to open your boot instantly without even taking out your key from the pocket, but I'm not sure if that's available on the base ATX model. see pic below, stole it from another forum member :D

post-22637-0-89648200-1297644740_thumb.j

on the aurion ZR6 (smart entry) there is a switch to the right of your license plate lights that allows you to open your boot instantly without even taking out your key from the pocket, but I'm not sure if that's available on the base ATX model. see pic below, stole it from another forum member :D

This is only available on those models with Smart Entry. This does not include the AT-X.