2007 camry squeaking noise

private number

Hey fellas, was wondering what could possibly make a squeaking noise coming from the left rear parcel shelf?

I took it all apart, ripped out the seats in the hope to find the problem. The squeaking noise is similar of that of a bolt thats not really "snug" in its hole and just squeaks when moved. The squeaking sounds occurs when i hit the bump but strangely, if the weather is warm it makes no noise at all :S . Yes i checked my coilovers, nothing loose there. So i opened up the parcel shelf (or what i could do), and nothing in that area appears it could make that sound.

It seems in cabin too, because its loud enough to hear distinctively from the front seats.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reece

Edited by private number

Hey fellas, was wondering what could possibly make a squeaking noise coming from the left rear parcel shelf?

I took it all apart, ripped out the seats in the hope to find the problem. The squeaking noise is similar of that of a bolt thats not really "snug" in its hole and just squeaks when moved. The squeaking sounds occurs when i hit the bump but strangely, if the weather is warm it makes no noise at all :S . Yes i checked my coilovers, nothing loose there. So i opened up the parcel shelf (or what i could do), and nothing in that area appears it could make that sound.

It seems in cabin too, because its loud enough to hear distinctively from the front seats.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reece

Have you driven without the parcel shelf in?

It's not an internal thing, but it could be your RSB is rubbing against your struts. Could be worth having a look underneath.

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old thread here.

Private did you figure out what the squeak was, I'm getting the same thing but on my front drivers coil, doesn't seem to do it at all or anywhere near as bad when dry.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on above.

I set my coils to the softest setting and left for about 500km.

Now set to 12 clicks from hardest, no squeaking even in wet conditions.

Cause is still unknown, possibly settling noise.

Hey mate,

Private no longer owns his camry and I don't think he's on here much, if not at all.

I have the same issue atm on springs, believe it to be the arm/rod holding the suspension at the bottom but will have to do some more checking this weekend.

Have you tried tightening all the bolts again?

Cheers