Keyless entry & go

Martinj

Has anyone had (or heard of) problems with the keyless entry & go 'card' fitted to Grande and Pressara?

I wish they would just keep "old fashioned" keys, but over time all cars will eventually have these crazy systems. At least you don't actually have to put the card into a slot in the car, unlike some BMW and VW models.

Has anyone had (or heard of) problems with the keyless entry & go 'card' fitted to Grande and Pressara?

I wish they would just keep "old fashioned" keys, but over time all cars will eventually have these crazy systems. At least you don't actually have to put the card into a slot in the car, unlike some BMW and VW models.

I have the keyless entry FOB with my Aurion ZR6 and the system is an absolute life saver. I love it and the only slight issue you'll have is when the battery in the remote runs low -> it still works but just with less range, and the FOB includes a backup key in case the battery goes completely. All in all just the same issues as regular remote central locking just without the need to push buttons.

Despite thinking of it as a gimmick at first, I too have found it to be great. Only problems I come across (user problems however) are:

- Leaving the key in your other pants upstairs/in your room and then you go sit in the car, put your foot on the brake and hit the start button. So far I have done this so many times I have lost count.

- You go to another car that you have to drive and instead of unlocking the car the traditional way, you grab the handle and pull expecting the doors to unlock.

Apart from that, the system is relatively flawless. In terms of actual issues that can occur, there are only really two that can happen which would be the most hassle:

- You are parked in an area close to high powered radio transmitters (like at the Telstra Tower), or in some cases, undercover parking with powerful arc type downlights. These can create interference which can prevent your Smart Entry system from operating correctly. In that case, you will most likely have to unlock the door with the backup key, and then start the car using the procedure that you use when the remote battery goes flat (hold the remote up to the start button, etc).

- Someone else happens to hop into your car also carrying a Smart Entry keyfob for their car. This will cause the system to not respond as mentioned above.