WARNING: About car wash.

All this talk of washing your car.

We all need to feel sorry for the people of Toowoomba who have water restrictions such that car washing is banned. All you can do is wash the windows and mirrors from a bucket only.

I'd have to move couldn't stand it.

I have always driven 2nd hand cars and thus a perfect paint is something i do not know in person. But after much testing I found out that the products of Meguiers are FAN-TAS-TIC. They are pretty expensive but they are so worth it. They restored my corolla's paint to near new condition.

I use the NXT wax with the NXT shampoo for the body and windows. For the rims their wheel product is just perfect. And their stain remover for the interior is so good my GF uses it in the house now too !! Ow, and there stuf to keep your tires deepblack is also verry nice. I cant stand those bronw looking tyres (happens with certain brands of tires when they are dry)

Meguiars and Micro Fibre clothes are the perfect combination for a nice detailed car without spending a fortune on proffesional detailing. And it goes fast too !! I wash and polish my car under 3 hours. Thats me alone and I do have a rather serious back injury so I have to do it quite slowly.

• 2 years later...
Don't you ever let any dealer to wash your car.

About one and half month ago i've got my 1000km service done, and of course they didn't fix all the fault that I found, but anyway I will go back to them for those problems.

But when I wash my car yesterday, guess what did I find out, 3 large swril marks all over my bonnet, and many more on the roof. I never wash my car myself and this is the first time expect the once done by toyota @ 1000km service.

My sportivo is white so those swrils are hard to identify under sun, but more obvious under fluorescent tube.

Nunawading Toyota have just done it again. :angry::angry::angry:

NUNAWADING TOYOTA is a terrible dealer. They will rip you off then charge you double for the pleasure. I would love to be able to make these guys pay. Does consumer affairs really work?

Don't you ever let any dealer to wash your car.

About one and half month ago i've got my 1000km service done, and of course they didn't fix all the fault that I found, but anyway I will go back to them for those problems.

But when I wash my car yesterday, guess what did I find out, 3 large swril marks all over my bonnet, and many more on the roof. I never wash my car myself and this is the first time expect the once done by toyota @ 1000km service.

My sportivo is white so those swrils are hard to identify under sun, but more obvious under fluorescent tube.

Nunawading Toyota have just done it again. :angry::angry::angry:

VERY disappointing, but as my old man used to say, "Don't let the car own you".

My car goes in absolutely spotless and that way I can see if there has been any damage done at all. I never let my car be washed no matter who it is <_< for that particular reason.

most Toyota dealer give out a complimentary hand wash after each service (major/regular service).

• 5 months later...

I never let anyone touch my car!

I went to those wash them yourself with the brush a few weeks back and when i was shamy it down i noticed scratches from the *** dam brush. I only went becuase i was told they were brand new brushes.

But yes never again!

Who cares about water restrictions? :whistling:

When it comes down to it my cars paint is better! LOL.

Rather wash it on the front lawn.

there is a simple solution to all of this ...... create ur own custom colour ..... im currently employee a unique "dusty blue" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: guaranteed to be original ;)

there is a simple solution to all of this ...... create ur own custom colour ..... im currently employee a unique "dusty blue" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: guaranteed to be original ;)

Harlequin paint is so early 00's. The problem is the colour change needs to happen over seasons, much like Bill's car :lol:

I was very very careful with people washing my car and even touching it, until i parked one day for some shopping in safeway and something happened. As people who live in melb know, weeks ago, the wind was big..

so guess wat happen, like 50m away and walking back to my car, i saw an old women who left her half-filled trolley(the metal one from safeway), it starts rolling, with that bit of slope and the wind aiding speed, whaamm it hit my car from side and along till the back door...

scratch-5cm length x3(cause of metal top/mid/lower), 2 dents of 10cent size...

Wat for do i protect and getting SOOOoo ***** off due to people causing just swirl marks? when you never know when some *#&%(&^)_)(&*^#^#(@ happens.. and IN FRONT OF u...

I was very very careful with people washing my car and even touching it, until i parked one day for some shopping in safeway and something happened. As people who live in melb know, weeks ago, the wind was big..

so guess wat happen, like 50m away and walking back to my car, i saw an old women who left her half-filled trolley(the metal one from safeway), it starts rolling, with that bit of slope and the wind aiding speed, whaamm it hit my car from side and along till the back door...

Wat for do i protect and getting SOOOoo ***** off due to people causing just swirl marks? when you never know when some *#&%(&^)_)(&*^#^#(@ happens.. and IN FRONT OF u...

Ouch!

I have seen that happen but with a pram when i was working at the car wash out the front of the werribee plaza.

But when something like that happens can you get the person who let the trolley go pay for the damage or what? What can you do?

Ouch!

I have seen that happen but with a pram when i was working at the car wash out the front of the werribee plaza.

But when something like that happens can you get the person who let the trolley go pay for the damage or what? What can you do?

it's an accident... no one was injured... the cops cant do anything about it... u have to go through insurance... stupid i know... this is what a copper told me.

it's an accident... no one was injured... the cops cant do anything about it... u have to go through insurance... stupid i know... this is what a copper told me.

dont bother go throu insurance, i cant stand those farking people who thinks asians are poor sh!t ***** who dont hv money to pay fixing their car, and keep giving fuking dumb sh!t reason for not to pay..