Rev limited

Its_Jay

I can't comment as to whether they are rev limited or not, but the question that you should also ask is that if it is, why do you want to remove it? Have you got some plans in the making? The rev limiter is there to pretty much protect the engine from over-revving, not to limit power.

Hey uhh just a quick question are the Australian 1990 Celica SX's Rev limited? and if so how would i remove it? would i buy an aftermarket ECU and how much and where would i get one cheers guys.

they are limited to 6300 RPM, the 5SFE (engine in your car) will NOT rev much over this without causing significant damage.

The rev limit is there for a reason, while possible to remove it with an aftermarket ECU, this would be a VERY VERY bad idea.

ive read that in some countries they are speed/rev limited to 4grand in 5th gear or somthing this means there limited in terms of power. i researched but cant find anything on if they are in Aus or not i was just wondering is that id like to get the most out of this car and if its limited would this affect acceleration and what not. like i know where it redlines is revlimited to protect th engine ive been reading things about it limited to beofre the redline.

Hey uhh just a quick question are the Australian 1990 Celica SX's Rev limited? and if so how would i remove it? would i buy an aftermarket ECU and how much and where would i get one cheers guys.

they are limited to 6300 RPM, the 5SFE (engine in your car) will NOT rev much over this without causing significant damage.

The rev limit is there for a reason, while possible to remove it with an aftermarket ECU, this would be a VERY VERY bad idea.

so they dont valve bounce until 6300 or what happens personally i dont push my car over 5500 as 5400 is where the peak power is at.

but dude youve been a great help thnx (:

tho there not limited in terms of power like in the states.

ive read that in some countries they are speed/rev limited to 4grand in 5th gear or somthing this means there limited in terms of power. i researched but cant find anything on if they are in Aus or not i was just wondering is that id like to get the most out of this car and if its limited would this affect acceleration and what not. like i know where it redlines is revlimited to protect th engine ive been reading things about it limited to beofre the redline.

I can confirm from experience that these cars are not limited in any gear (other than the 6300rpm normal rev limit)

I can confirm from experience that these cars are not limited in any gear (other than the 6300rpm normal rev limit)

okay well tht solves tht questions thnx heaps :)

also the redline is at 6150. what happened when yu pushed it to the 6300? because ive pushed it to 5900 and by then the engine is screaming along haha

also the redline is at 6150. what happened when yu pushed it to the 6300? because ive pushed it to 5900 and by then the engine is screaming along haha

It screams and does not make any power. There is NO point in going over 5400rpm as they stop making power after that.

also whats the top speed like

just out of curiosity. as im only an L plater. the fastest ive driven it was 115 i think and figured from the tacho and gear itd pull maybe 180-200 flat out. but ehh top speeds a nothing thing. im more for the corners :)

It screams and does not make any power. There is NO point in going over 5400rpm as they stop making power after that.

yeah thought as much :)

nah i limit it to about 5500 at best. ive discovered myself it stop pulling at about 5500 or there abouts :)

• 5 months later...