CD stacker clicking

Stake

Hi everyone,

I have this wierd thing going on with the CD stacker in my 2010 Touring Aurion. Every so often after starting the car the CD stacker starts clicking and whirring away like it would when you load or unload a disk except that the unit does not have any discs in it.

It doesn't happen all the time and I have never used a CD in it to date. The noise stops after about 10-15 seconds.

Has anyone ever had something similar happen or do I just have a ghost?

Cheers

Stake

I have noticed the whirring in my Kenwood DVD unit on start up aswell.

It only happens once in a while. Normally when the weather is cold for some odd reason....

Yeh... And I thought it was my AC. The guy in toyota also thought it was the AC and remove a leaf that was stuck somewhere in there.

Keep us posted on the fix and cure. :D :lol:

Hi everyone,

I have this wierd thing going on with the CD stacker in my 2010 Touring Aurion. Every so often after starting the car the CD stacker starts clicking and whirring away like it would when you load or unload a disk except that the unit does not have any discs in it.

It doesn't happen all the time and I have never used a CD in it to date. The noise stops after about 10-15 seconds.

Has anyone ever had something similar happen or do I just have a ghost?

Cheers

Stake

I would try a disc n see what happens

Mate our 2010 ZR6 has also done the same thing once or twice. It freaked me out when it first done it.It sounded like it was searching for a disc.From what I can gather is, it done it after the car was turned off and restarted the following day and on each occasion we had been listening to a CD and we ejected it prior to shutting the car down,so maybe the stereo was still in CD player mode from the day before,anyway as soon as we selected radio it ceased to make the shuffle noise, cheers CONROD

I had a Sony CD stacker fitted to a car I had a few years ago. The guy at WOW said that the stackers do not like being neglected. He said that is is a good idea to run a CD through at least once a month otherwise they get gunked up with dust and the lubricating grease goes a bit hard. When the stacker starts a search for a disk in can't locate the tray properly and then searches for the next disc tray and so on it goes.

The idea that Mr Focus has definitely has some merit though

The problem hasn't occurred again since I posted... strange

Anyway put a cd in it and it plays fine. I guess using it might be a good thing

Cheers

Give it a few weeks see how you go. This might be a normal occurrence and may not be a fault...